Games won't open.

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 am

[QUOTE=Kyatric] 7 premium ?[/QUOTE]Yes, Win7 Premium indeed. What`s wrong with it?
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:53 am

Well considering that the webserver for preview is a service from windows itself, probably that win7 premium doesn't "serve" correctly this service or something.

I don't know exactly, but it may be due to one of the "limitations"/differences between the several versions of windows7.

Win7 pro and ultimate are made for pro usage, so give "easier" access to those tools.
Premium versions are aimed at families and "mainstream" usage, generaly, a mainstream user doesn't need local webserver.

I don't know for sure, but it's an idea I had, maybe it's worth investigating for @Ashley.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Microsoft's documentation implies the server we use is available in every single version of Windows since XP SP2.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Hay everyone, sorry for the bump...

I'm new here and have the exact same problem.
Even with openned "tutorial" files already in Construct, i simply can't preview the game at all.

Always giving me this

can't find localhost:50000 adress etc..
I tried changing port to 50001 or 50100 or between. Changes nothing.
I run on the free version of it on steam. (can't download the standalone from scierra.)
and with latest drivers browsers.
Anyway, my computer is very clean and stable with any other application.
twitch.tv/neozoom/
Dev stream from time to time !
@FireCamp_games <-- twitter
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:55 pm

I had the same problem when trying to run Construct 2 on my other computer that has Windows XP SP3 installed on it. I tried everything suggested on the Construct forums and nothing worked. The only fix that I found was to uninstall the newer Construct version and install a slightly older version of Construct 2. The version is r201. You can grab it here: https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases

Ashley had mentioned in one of his post that there was indeed a change to the preview on version r202, I believe. As far as I know, any version above r201 won't work on Windows Xp SP3 that I have tried(at least on my machine). Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be a bug since Windows XP is becoming so outdated. The newer versions of Construct 2 (r202 and higher) ran excellent on my Windows 7 Professional PC (though I never test on my other PC with Windows Home version)

So for anybody having this same issue, and if all else fails -- I recommend uninstalling the current Construct 2 version you have (if it is r202 or above) and install version r201 instead (1st Apr, 2015). It is the only work around on this issue I have found for my XP machine.

It kinda sucks downgrading, but if you don't have a Windows 7 Pro O.S. then you can fall back on this until you get the O.S. or a new PC with Windows 7 Pro (or higher) on it.

Peace.
B

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Sorry to bump the topic once again... nothing works for me.
I would like to use C2 for my projects, but still not working when i launch on the browser..

can't find localhost:50000 adress

I'm on win 7 home premium.

EDIT : how... sorry didn't saw it was on closed bug forums... -_-'
thank you Zenox !
Last edited by WeneW on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twitch.tv/neozoom/
Dev stream from time to time !
@FireCamp_games <-- twitter
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:51 pm

@WeneW
WeneW wrote:Sorry to bump the topic once again... nothing works for me.
I would like to use C2 for my projects, but still not working when i launch on the browser..

can't find localhost:50000 adress

I'm on win 7 home premium.

EDIT : how... sorry didn't saw it was on closed bug forums... -_-'

Try posting in the 'How Do I' section to see if anyone can offer any suggestions. This is usually not a bug in C2 but is generally a configuration problem on the users machine.

Did you try Ashleys suggestions from the 'Troubleshooting Construct 2's preview server' tutorial as he mentioned above?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Closed bugs