Gangster Tactics: Pile Them In

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 10:30 pm

lolpaca wrote:I didn't read the comments, though having done so now and seeing some of the stuff that got people annoyed, I have to say I agree with them.

Personally, I think you should reconsider that stuff. This looks like a great game that you're putting a lot into, and it'd be a shame to have that work go unappreciated because of a disagreement over what constitutes humour.

Just my 2 cents though, and if as you say you're not fussed about having the game taken seriously, or played by a large number of people, then it is of course your game and your call. I wish you well with it anyway.

No problem.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 6:37 am

Alright, been quite a while since my last progress report.
Finally finish my stats screen, though just the main. All other supporting features; condition, equipment, inventory, etc. coding is still not completed due development exhaustion.
Of course, will do those as soon as I got my dev mojo back.
I have to admit that working through UI code logic is extremely tedious and there's only so much I can slog through each day without puking.
Which is why development at this part was slow and will continue to be slow until I can wrap it up.

Nevertheless, here some gifs as usual to show progress:

No smart aleck remarks this time around due to dev exhaustion.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Stick with your conviction. For every person offended by the humor, someone else will appreciate it. :D

Plus, its bloody gangsters, lets not go full hello kitty mode on political correctness.

And yes, working on all the UI code is truly the mind killer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Pain shared about UI code. It's... almost as bad as making-a-tutorial-pain. Really love this game. Just something about the name feels strange. Maybe about learned habits about fonetics...

Music helps alot in the code fatigue. I was able to keep it up for a week thanks to Bethoven.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Windwalker wrote:I was able to keep it up for a week thanks to Bethoven.

I'm sure your girlfriend was grateful. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:32 am

Silverforce wrote:Stick with your conviction. For every person offended by the humor, someone else will appreciate it. :D

Plus, its bloody gangsters, lets not go full hello kitty mode on political correctness.

And yes, working on all the UI code is truly the mind killer.

Thanks!

Windwalker wrote:Pain shared about UI code. It's... almost as bad as making-a-tutorial-pain. Really love this game. Just something about the name feels strange. Maybe about learned habits about fonetics...

Music helps alot in the code fatigue. I was able to keep it up for a week thanks to Bethoven.

Thanks. The title is the way it is because I need an easily recognizable title people can instantly remember while paying homage to my main source of inspiration and the game which gameplay I am trying to improve upon on.

No progress report for this week except for some work for the abilities table and coding (not done yet) for both equipment and item screens.
This is due to taking about a week of break to enjoy a game that in my steam backlog that I strangely urged to play after involved in a heated discussion about it (Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition). The DLCs are really fun, in term of story :D

Also, this game development will probably be suspended for a while that I am involved in this contest, http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/.
I am still waiting for the musician who is working with me on this game to see if he is also interested in joining it with me.
As a developer who just started, I admitted that the prizes that they are offering are just too tempting so I am joining it for a chance to grab it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:22 pm

After a month on Super Nuclear Riders, I took a few days of rest to recover from the fatigue. And those days are over.

So right now, I commencing back on the development of my main game project, Gangster Tactics. And the right back into the previous task when I suspended it, Equipment UI and associated coding.

………

*sigh*
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 am

And another victim for my archives of dead-before-completed set of projects
I am stopping development for Gangster Tactics to work on another new TBS project that seem vastly superior in concept.
Will reveal what it is once I finish a playable prototype of its combat system.
Will still be using Construct 2.

This comic by theMeatly is somehow very relevant to my current situation so enjoy.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:49 am

Heh, I know the feels :) Good luck with the new project!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests