Gaps with scaled tiles in browser but not preview.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi guys,

I have created a layer where i have some 64x64 pixels tiles in a grid formation. Then I change the scale of the layer depending on the players actions. However, I seem to find a difference between previewing and viewing the exported files in browser.

When I am previewing in Chrome there are no gaps.

When I export the project as HTML5 and view in chrome I get gaps.

So why is the preview different from the browser?

Kind regards,
Wyrm
Last edited by TheWyrm on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Just to note before I get posts suggesting I should change project settings, I already have a solution that gets around this issue. What I am interested in is if it is a bug, since the preview in chrome is perfectly capable of scaling without gaps.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:46 am

Day 2 - Bump
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:49 pm

I don't see any gaps. Upload a capx.

Also, you posted this in the General section of the forum. If you need help I suggest you post in the Help Section next time. There is a far more active community over there.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:10 pm

@Tekniko I don't need to upload a capx. The gaps are clear. Try using something other than a mobile phone or a very high resolution monitor to view those 64x64 pixel textures (or just zoom in)

Also I don't need help. As I clearly stated in my follow up post I have my own game specific solution but I want to know the difference between viewing via preview and viewing the export in browser to identify if this is actually a bug. As it seems to me if there is a difference then there could be an exporting problem. Which I think is appropriate for the general section.

@Ashley bug or not? If not what is the explanation for the difference?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Upload a .capx
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:27 pm

@Ashley If it was that easy then I would have done it in the original post, but I can't because I don't want to share my source to the public. It will take me some time to prepare an example capx, so in the meantime I will pm you with a link to my game.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:46 pm

OK, I can't PM you since it's disabled for you.

I report stuff like this for the benefit of Scirra and the community. I don't have time to find the exact set of conditions that cause this problem right now, and personally don't need it fixed for what I'm doing at the moment. When I do I'll post an update.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:53 am

TheWyrm wrote:OK, I can't PM you since it's disabled for you.

I report stuff like this for the benefit of Scirra and the community. I don't have time to find the exact set of conditions that cause this problem right now, and personally don't need it fixed for what I'm doing at the moment. When I do I'll post an update.

Thank you for your detailed bug report. The Scirra community thanks you whole heartedly. Unfortunately you didn't post this in the Bug Forum or even bother to use the Bug Report Template. I don't know, maybe this is the Bug Report Forum and your original post wasn't actually a question. I am, after all, on a mobile device and or high resolution monitor so I can't see anything.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:05 pm

@Tekniko Not sure if you're capable of reading? If you were you would know that I don't know if it's a bug or if there is logical explanation. Hence, why I am asking in the general section to scope out if others have had a similar problem, before wasting Scirra bug investigation time. I don't need your kind of help since all you seem to be trying to be condescending. So I'm afraid you're are just noise.

If you missed it the question was followed up by a question mark.
So why is the preview different from the browser?

You have not given any kind of information if there should or shouldn't be a difference between running a game in preview in chrome against running the export in chrome.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General