Gaussian Blur

Forum for plugin, effect and behavior programmers. Please use the Help & Support forum for help using Construct.

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:22 am

[quote="Davioware":6d8rhzq9]I think Ash mentioned that multi pass effects don't work in construct.[/quote:6d8rhzq9]
Yup. That's the reason. And multipass is the way to go, so the only way currently is stacking them.

[quote="Davioware":6d8rhzq9]hopefully someone will implement a value control for blur horizontal and blur vertical eventually.[/quote:6d8rhzq9]
I did, a good while ago O_O It's in the completed plugins forum.
It's called "blur motion" and also has runtime angle control, so the horizontal and vertical fx are the same. Which means it crashes if you stack it four times X_x
I guess you could copy it with another name and use two of each as a workaround.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:32 pm

I have your fx file Madster. I just didn't think it was the same blur quality as blur horizontal and blur vertical. I guess I didn't test it enough. I'll fully experiment with it when I get home. :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:10 pm

It gave me a different effect than blur horizontal and blur vertical as well, that's why I didn't use it.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct engineering