Gaze Technology

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Have any of you read up on Gaze Technology? It looks like Windows 8 is going to include/or be able to support Gaze Technology. (This is where the computer tracks your eye movement and a sudo-mouse pointer goes where you look. It will not be very accurate, but the mouse will take over from that location for the fine tuning and clicking.)      Article/video

I say we get to implimenting a plugin for this, because I got some REAL GOOD ideas!   Imagine what WE could do with that technology.   
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:24 pm

O_o

Whoa.... that would be awesome.

Although I suppose there would be security issues with a website tracking your EYE MOVEMENTS!!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 pm

You don't need a particular plugin, since the eye tracker moves your mouse cursor.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:29 pm

What if there's more people watching same screen? ^^
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

[QUOTE=shinkan] What if there's more people watching same screen? ^^[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer ftw
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:48 pm

You do have to attach the peripheral though from what i read so it's not like you wouldn't know it's happening. Though I'm sure at some point the hardware will be built in by default and set to always-on just for your convenience

If you can also track pupil dilation though it could be useful to gauge emotional response. That and seeing what you're looking at and in what order would definitely be useful to advertisers.

[QUOTE=sqiddster] O_o

Whoa.... that would be awesome.

Although I suppose there would be security issues with a website tracking your EYE MOVEMENTS!![/QUOTE]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:20 am

Cool stuff though! Kind of reminds me of HAL...   Just wait until out computer starts telling us we are to tired to play any more and shuts off, because our eye lids are droopy!!!!   
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:47 am

The scary side to this is just imagine what the U.S. government will do with this technology. They are already tracking, and recording keystrokes so if you accidentally looked at the wrong website, link, or article you'd be put into there terrorist database. Then seal team 6 would kick in your door, and assassinate you.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 am

[QUOTE=Wink] The scary side to this is just imagine what the U.S. government will do with this technology. They are already tracking, and recording keystrokes so if you accidentally looked at the wrong website, link, or article you'd be put into there terrorist database. Then seal team 6 would kick in your door, and assassinate you. [/QUOTE]

Yep. You know a book or movie is probably being made about this as we speak!

"Computer, snap a picture of the individual's eyes at IP Address computer console xyz. Computer, run through Identification database... Place individual on watch list ALPHA!"
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:24 am

Just for the information, the Tobbii is recording the glint of an IR light on the retina. So no arousal information from pupil dilatation.
Another information : you can't infer what people are doing just by looking at their mouse trail patterns (because in the end, it's just that). You need to correlate that with what's onscreen at the moment they were looking.
And no computer, available at the right price for the public, can record a fullscreen video (let say something starting from 1440x900) while generating the graphics at the same time, without stuttering (think about fullframe acquisition, storing in RAM, realtime compression and disk access time, while generating graphics...)
And, just for the record, I worked with those, so I don't say they are not useful : for disabled people, hemiplegia/tetraplegia, it's a wonderful tool. It's the difference between locked in your body, and interacting at least with a computer to say and do things to the world...
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General