Gearup - mech shooter platformer

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:55 pm

@Rory
thanks for pointing that up!
what do you think the best way to do this?
should I create separate sprite for the background, or just apply effects to the layer, I'm not sure what's the best option here

@mineet
Thanks! I was waiting for it to have more content before posting
I'm glad you like it! how far did you manage to go?

@Blacksmith @Niko
I guess the tutorial experience will differ for each people
Back then when I first showed it to my friends, some of them is struggling with the controls, so I decided to make a tutorial level.
showing the tutorial as sign is a good idea,
it will make it less restrictive while still informative.
thanks for the suggestion! :)mochakingup2013-06-04 15:55:50
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Nice work Mochaking.

I didn't have time to play through much but what I saw was pretty cool. Love the art.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:51 pm

@mochakingup,

No problem, happy to try and help. I look forward to seeing the finished game :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:07 pm

@mochakingup
hi; I got past the tutorial and a little further along..
can i say that the tutorial worked well for me as I'm not used to controls and keys to use.. and the tutorial was also enjoyable..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Thanks! @GenkiGenga

@mineet
Good to hear that the tutorial works for you,
don't worry, the tutorial isn't going anywhere, I'm just looking for a way to improve it
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:29 pm

I literally spent that whole 5 minutes moonwalking the mech..

Integral part of life passion http://mmo4k.com/wow-gold-kaufen-4/WoW-Gold-kaufen-5/ What are you waiting, hurry
B

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:11 am

Fantastic Graphics, meet very well the proposed purpose.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:09 am

I like it a lot, it's very well-polished. You might be able to add a couple of animations, like when picking up a coin, or something.

My biggest suggestion would be in the balance of the upgrades and their accessibility.

For instance, in order to be able to advance in the fastest, most effective way, the dominating strategy appears to be to just hold out until you can afford the best of each category of upgrade.
I don't find that kind of grind to be very enjoyable, so when the dominating strategy is obvious and not too enjoyable, then an alternate design might be worthwhile.

Perhaps you could stage the upgrades a bit. Force the player to try out other items they may not have considered otherwise.

Just some ideas.CannedEssence2013-06-09 05:10:30
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:52 am

I enjoyed it! I'm really impressed--it's one of the better-looking C2 games, I think. A few things I noted. I think the problem with the tutorial is its too long and not really all that interesting in each segment. Integrating it into the first level somehow seems like a more elegant solution, I guess.

The rocks that you jump on are sometimes unclear about what you can and can't step on. Sometimes I expected to land on something and passed through, other times the opposite. Maybe I suck, but the red guys really were a challenger once they started spitting. I know its a mech, but it may feel better slightly increasing the bullet speed (or size) and letting you decelerate just a tad quicker. It would make things feel tighter without losing much essence to what you have, I think.

Fantastic work so far, I look forward to seeing it further along!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations