General question about android and iOS publishing

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:37 pm

So if I have a game that I wanted to publish to both android and iOS, how would I solve it with the resolutions? I know how to fix it for all iOS devices, but since android is so spread out I don't know if I need 2 projects; one for iOS and one for android. If there is a better solution, could someone please inform me or link me to a good guide on how to fit both android and iOS on one project?

No need to link me the scaling and sizes-guide, since I don't feel like that've helped me at all with this issue :P
Website Twitter Indie Developer
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:17 pm

You simply have to work on the common part of the biggest and smallest devices screen ratio. If you work in so-called "safeZone" then you don't need separate projects. @Fronne covered that in this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1126/multiple-screen-sizing-for-all-mobile-devices/page-1
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Yes, that tutorial should solve all of your problems.
As a person who has developed for both android and iOS in the past I can tell you that it is the sort of thing that gets easier the more times you do it. Getting better at the trouble shooting is the most important part.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:27 pm

BackendFreak wrote:You simply have to work on the common part of the biggest and smallest devices screen ratio. If you work in so-called "safeZone" then you don't need separate projects. @Fronne covered that in this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1126/multiple-screen-sizing-for-all-mobile-devices/page-1

There's another small tut I wrote long time ago with a downloadable .capx attached. If you put all action in the -yellow- Safe Zone, everything inside it will be visible on all devices, no matter what Aspect Ratio. The Safe Zone has a 9:16 Aspect Ratio (Portrait Mode), most recent phones have this Aspect Ratio. The Window Size has a 3:4 Aspect Ratio, all other Aspect Ratio's are somewhere in the middle. On every device you see the whole Safe Zone, with more of the Window Size depending on the actual Aspect Ratio...

Good Luck!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?