Generic Megaman Engine

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:13 pm

@DIalgaBrite: If you want to learn, don't hesitate to take a look at the well filled tutorials part of the website that contains more than one tutorial/capx about how to make platform games and platform games mechanic.
Also you may want to take a look at the How do I FAQ which lists topics about specific mechanics and how to make them in C2.
Moderator
B
247
S
85
G
40
Posts: 6,998
Reputation: 57,791

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:20 pm

BluePhaze wrote:Once I get through my current projects I may post some more tutorials that cover megaman style movement as well. I have done a great deal of work on wall jumping and wall sliding, air dashing, etc... for one of my current games that may come in handy for others... I just have to find more free time :)



That would be really nice, good luck! :)
B
12
S
2
Posts: 102
Reputation: 1,076

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Kyatric wrote:@DIalgaBrite: If you want to learn, don't hesitate to take a look at the well filled tutorials part of the website that contains more than one tutorial/capx about how to make platform games and platform games mechanic.
Also you may want to take a look at the How do I FAQ which lists topics about specific mechanics and how to make them in C2.


Maybe I will do that if my head is ever in a REALLY good place... like I said, I get overwhelmed easily,and sometimes I have trouble understanding tutorials if they aren't worded very specifically and clearly. thanks though. :)
B
12
S
2
Posts: 102
Reputation: 1,076

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:16 pm

@DialgaBrite I found this online, it is a template based on Megaman-X. I haven't tried it so no idea if it is good or not: http://www.capxdownload.com/index.html
B
49
S
11
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,418

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:08 pm

DialgaBrite can only post plain text URLS when they have 300 rep. 1 URLS removed. Why?

BluePhaze wrote:@DialgaBrite I found this online, it is a template based on Megaman-X. I haven't tried it so no idea if it is good or not:



From the description it looks good, but it costs money. furthermore, I couldn't buy it because it said the person's paypal account couldn't receive money. :(

If possible I would really appreciate any help in trying to obtain or purchase that, because it looks REALLY good.

P.S. BACLog sorry if this is offending you, that we are talking about a game other than yours. My heart is still with you, and no matter what I decide to use as a base, I still wish you lots of luck working on yours! <3
B
12
S
2
Posts: 102
Reputation: 1,076

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:34 pm

....bump?
B
12
S
2
Posts: 102
Reputation: 1,076

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:59 pm

I was able to purchase it today. I can't say it's as good as I had hoped. :(
B
12
S
2
Posts: 102
Reputation: 1,076

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:37 pm

@DialgaBrite Why is not as good as you expected? There isn't too much information about what it brings, but I was looking into buying it :)
B
8
S
3
G
1
Posts: 135
Reputation: 2,209

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:06 pm

gfigueroa wrote:@DialgaBrite Why is not as good as you expected? There isn't too much information about what it brings, but I was looking into buying it :)


It's got all kinds of bugs, the player doesn't get mirrored when moving left and the jumping is really glitchy and crappy. And there's not much to it. If you are hoping for a giant megaman engine, you'll be disappointed. It's VERY incomplete. It's kinda hard for me to judge, but you might even be able to say that the megaman engine originally posted in this topic is better than it.
B
12
S
2
Posts: 102
Reputation: 1,076

Post » Sat May 09, 2015 8:45 pm

not bad i hope you don't mind if i made some modification to it? i edited it a bit and made a mega man X engine out of it
B
7
Posts: 10
Reputation: 362

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests