Geolocalization in custom map?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Sorry for my "engrish" in advanced.

I was wondering how can I use the the geolocalization feature in a custom map, for example I want to draw a map of an specific building, and want to use the geolocalization to show people where they are and the place they want to go, updating, if its possible, their location every 5 seconds or so inside the building. If this question is kind of "no brainer" for some people here, Im sorry, Im a new comer in this awesome contruct 2 world.

Thank you :)
B

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:06 pm

Geolocation is used for real world data.

For displaying a map, check out themini-map tutorials. To display a route from one place to another you'll need to look into Pathfinding.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:08 pm

engrish ? :D

No your question is no "no brainer" but I dont really understand your question could you describe a bit more:
-> What do you mean with geolocalization ?
-> What kind of game do you make ?
-> What does the Player do in your game ?
-> How do you want to show people there the player is ?

Do you made already the newcomer Tutorial ?

Edit: Do you mean real world geolocalization ? Darklinki2013-09-25 13:09:47
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Its not exactly a game, Im trying to make an app using construct that shows the location of a person inside an office building, kind of a google map but using the planes of an especific building, detailing where they are and the places the want to go in each floor, I read somewhere that I can use geolocalization to determine altitude as well as latitude...
Thank you
B

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Google maps not always show show right position. When i try check right position in building geolocation show my position near building on the street! so i think its impossible to show location on buildings rooms
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Its not impossible. In fact, you can download similar apps already from de google app store for malls and such, I just tried to make one on my one even with basic funcions. But as you said, Ive heard that one of the problems of geo localization is accuracy. Ill be posting here how is the app progressing (if I manage to make it progress anyway, haha). thanks.
B

Return to How do I....?