Gesture Recognizer (Plugins)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Multistroke Gesture Recognizer and Recorder for Construct 3
  • Gesture Recognizer — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/gesture-recognizer-4097

Gesture recognizer for your games with multi stroke support.

Conditions

• Is gesture
    • On gesture
    • On any gesture
    • On recognition fail

Actions

• Add point
    • Clear points
    • Set coincidence
    • Recognize
    • Delete gesture
    • Remove all user gestures
    • New gesture

Expressions

• Error
    • GestureName
    • MinimumCoincidenceAllowed
    • Score

Notes

This plugin works with Construct 2 and Construct 3.

For make your own gesture, use my free tool Gesture Maker

• Does it only create the symbols shown in Screenshots?

• Does it only create the symbols shown in Screenshots?

You can also add your own gestures!

• Hello,

I'm realize everything should be self-explanatory, but I'm hoping you wouldn't mind offering further definition for some of the Plugin traits:

Matchlevel - is 100% meaning it will match anything and 0% it won't recognize any gesture? I have tried to test this out, but it seems to mess up the recognition no matter how little I attempt to change it.

Creating a New Gesture - Are the X,Y Coordinates that you are putting in just a rough "drawing" of the gesture or is there a min/max that the points need to be from one another in order for it to work?

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this, I love it!

-Jamie

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello,

I'm realize everything should be self-explanatory, but I'm hoping you wouldn't mind offering further definition for some of the Plugin traits:

Matchlevel - is 100% meaning it will match anything and 0% it won't recognize any gesture? I have tried to test this out, but it seems to mess up the recognition no matter how little I attempt to change it.

Creating a New Gesture - Are the X,Y Coordinates that you are putting in just a rough "drawing" of the gesture or is there a min/max that the points need to be from one another in order for it to work?

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this, I love it!

-Jamie

Hi Jamie.

1. MatchLevel is the rate of match.

100% = it match exactly with some of your gestures,

0% = unknown gesture.

It works better with big areas. If you layout is small is more difficult to recognize it.

2. To add a new gesture you can use this third party tool vortechstudios.com/gestures

But you need clean the code generated to paste it to C2/C3 with the next format "x,y|x2,y2|x3,y3..."

Tip: paste the code generated into notepad or any text editor and use the function "Search and Replace", then replace ",new Point(" with "|"

If you need help, contact me by email :D

• Fantastic!! Thank you so much for getting back and explaining those two points. That helps tremendously!

-Jamie

• Update:

I just made this tool to make custom gestures and use it with my plugin easily.

Here it is: yojona.github.io/gesturemaker

• Is this Plugin for Construct 3 Runtime, or only for Construct 2 Runtime?

https://www.construct.net/forum/construct-3/plugin-sdk-10/c3-runtime-sdk-documentation-n-134720

• Is this Plugin for Construct 3 Runtime, or only for Construct 2 Runtime?

https://www.construct.net/forum/construct-3/plugin-sdk-10/c3-runtime-sdk-documentation-n-134720

c2runtime, I hope update to c3runtime soon!

• yojona

c2runtime, I hope update to c3runtime soon!

Looking forward to it. Thanks a lot.

• Nice plugin, but poor documentation.

hard to create new gestures right, Also, we got to have ability to remove default gestures, as long as they are interrupting with the costume.

for example, I need sign > but it is recognizing very bad also plugin usually thinking that im making just ! default sign.

And will be better if was possible to set up direction of the motion, but it is resolving on client side for sure

• Interesting. It has been a long time since I saw a post here. I'm glad you pointed that out. When I bought this pluggin, I originally thought it was great. At first look, it is. But after some testing, I had to stop using it for those reasons you pointed out. I also noticed that when making new geastures(despite the difficulty) gestures that are declaired in script first are way more likely to be detected than gestures delcared later in the script. After five gestures or so, you can expect not to be able to detect any more.

• Hi,

I just bought your add-on that said it can be used for Construct 2 or Construct 3, after I bought it I opened the example one.stroke.recognition.capx and it said it is not supported in C3 runtime, how do I make it run in C3 runtime?

• Sudarmin

The plugin developer has to do that - unless you know scripting. I made the same mistake with an addon pack that said it supported construct 2 and 3 but it did not support c3 runtime.

• I also just bought this because in the notes it says works with "Construct 3"..

I got the receipt from paypal but never even got the files to download and also saying now it doesn't work with construct 3.

Is there refunds or something available...?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)