get a sprite to trace a shape?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • It sounds really simple, and I know there is one easy thing of code out there, but I haven't been able to detect it and I'm getting frustrated and tired. I have a sprite that starts out at the top left of the layout, and his job is to just travel 300 pixels, then turn right. travel 300 pixels, turn right. Repeat this forever as long as the sun shines. I've tried distance traveled, I've tried functions, I've tried having it hit a wall, then the wall changes and in theory these all work, but it's 10:30 at night give me a break. ;p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here you go.

Two events, two instance variables (one is just there so you can toggle it on and off if you want). There might be a simpler way to do it but this seems to work well enough, and it's pretty easy to configure it to be an equilateral triangle or even a circle.

Takes me back to my Logo days, man :D

• AGH! I can't open the file you so generously provided for me! It says a file is missing, and it's done this before and I don't know how to correct it. ;(

That Logo language look interesting... I'll have to look into it.

• Just had to say AAAhhhhhh.... LOGO! So much time moving that little turtle around the screen....

• Waffle, I'm not sure what the issue could be. I assume it's an issue on your side, so I suggest re-installing Construct, and make sure that you have the latest version.

• AGH! I can't open the file you so generously provided for me! It says a file is missing, and it's done this before and I don't know how to correct it. ;(

That Logo language look interesting... I'll have to look into it.

It worked to me, i'm pretty sure you need to install Construct 123.2 beta

• I got it; thank you so much for the help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)