Get An Enemy To Fire Bullets at 8 Angles?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Did anyone even look at my original capx ?

and while I am at it (spitting out my dummy and stamping around !)

works !

None working function that works

Time for a coffee and my medications I think !RamPackWobble2014-01-27 13:34:43
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:32 pm

@RamPackWobble I looked at it. One of your function was correct I think, the one with a loop, but you didn't start at 0 degrees, because loopindex starts at 1. Shouldn't change much though. And ok for using random, but random(360) ? ^^ lots of bullets :p

Also, thanks for the point on 0 speed bullets resetting their angle, I didn't know this !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:45 pm

@Guizmus

I know my solution wasn't pretty, it wasn't meant to be.
It shows the basics in creating and subsequently adressing the created object.
Even though sometimes it can be done directly in the actions that follow, using the subevent makes it much clearer what is intended and makes it more readable.
I would use a loop or function for this particular case, but for "construct-newbies", I'd rather give them something they can try to understand and re-use.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 am

[QUOTE=LittleStain] Using sub-events, you make sure only the bullet in the event above is referenced.

-SNIP-
[/QUOTE]

Just tried this, it did the same thing that my script was doing. Thanks for the suggestion though. About to try MadFactory's suggestion.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:47 am

Strange..

The picture I posted is a screenshot of the eventsheet of a capx that worked perfectly. Are you sure you haven't got conflicting events anywhere else?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:48 am

OKAY. I was doing the most stupid thing. In the world. Turns out @LittleStain's solution does actually work. To fix a little bug that I had in creation, I made this event!!

Whoops... Thanks for your help anyway!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:16 am

So basically it was working but then you (every tick) reset them to 90 degrees ?
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?