Get my animations to run smoothly and completely?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hey gang,

I've been working on input controls for a while. My new problem is working with the animations on my character. Seems like the animations are not cycling through completely and I don't know the reason. I've looked over the project for hours on end and can't figure it out. Walking left or right doesn't activate all the frames.

I need some help with this and yes I'm new.

• You should share your .capx otherwise nobody can help!

• I think I added the capx correctly??

• The sharing is ok, but the files you are sharing aren't.

What we need is your capx.

Also, just looking at your project is probably not the best solution.

There are tons of tutorials and examples in the how do I FAQ about managing inputs, animations, etc...

Also check the shipped in examples.

All beginners questions and issues are ALREADY answered in the forums.

Instead of diving full head on in your project, take the time to learn from everything around.

• The sharing is ok, but the files you are sharing aren't.

What we need is your scirra.com/manual/33/saving-and-sharing-projects.

Also, just looking at your project is probably not the best solution.

There are tons of tutorials and examples in the how do I FAQ about managing inputs, animations, etc...

Also check the shipped in examples.

All beginners questions and issues are ALREADY answered in the forums.

Instead of diving full head on in your project, take the time to learn from everything around.

I thought you couldn't see it? I just reloaded the link again see if that's the right one

• We need your CAPX (read the manual article linked in my previous post), not your exported project, there's nothing we can do out of it to help.

• We need your CAPX (read the manual article linked in my previous post), not your exported project, there's nothing we can do out of it to help.

Sorry, just figured it out. Never had a dropbox account until 15 mins ago. Well, I just uploaded the right link up above in the post.

• I can see the problem already. Your animation is too long.

When Key is released > Set Animation to Standing.

That's the basic idea.

• I can see the problem already. Your animation is too long.

When Key is released > Set Animation to Standing.

That's the basic idea.

What do you mean too long? It's only 4 frames?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It means that when your player is inputing a command (whatever the method), it's triggering an animation.

But you only intercept the start of the input, not the moment the player stops pressing the key or stop touching the control arrow.

So put conditions "Keyboard on key release" or "Touch on end of touch" which will display the "default" animation (standing).

• I'm not following. When I hold the right arrow key to the right my character starts moving. However, it's skipping some of the frames going in that direction.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)