Get Parent Page QueryString

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi,

Browser.QueryParam or Browser.QueryString is not available if game is embedded inside a web page. Can anyone please help.

If Browser.Domain is used it returns the embedded game path, not the parent page web address.

Eg: if my parent page is index.html?Name=Jhon&Age=29, and game is in an iframe with address game/mygame.html i want to get Name and Age from parent page.

Thanks

• Hi,

Browser.QueryParam or Browser.QueryString is not available if game is embedded inside a web page. Can anyone please help.

If Browser.Domain is used it returns the embedded game path, not the parent page web address.

Eg: if my parent page is index.html?Name=Jhon&Age=29, and game is in an iframe with address game/mygame.html i want to get Name and Age from parent page.

Thanks

If you run in an I Frame I think it has to address files stored on that website. Are you storing that data on the same website where the I frame is used?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • when the iframe request my website for game, I use httphandler and fetch the game from external source and send the game as response to iframe. For the client it looks as if the game is hosted in my site.

But anyway I need the parent page QueryString data in my construct2 game thats inside an iFrame. But Browser.QueryString is returning me IFrame Src data.

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)