Ghost shooter games in arcade

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi.

Well, first if all, I'm not sure if this topic belongs here but anyways.

Everyday, 1-3 ghost shooter games are uploaded to Scirra arcade by beginners. I think there should be a law which forbids uploading Ghost shooter game on arcade, just my thoughts.
If you don't agree, then you can take a look at shooter games in arcade. There's at least 1 ghost shooter in every 10-20 games.

Dear beginners, please stop making ghost shooter games, or at least stop uploading them to arcade.

Dear mods, please do something about this.

PS: I' not trying to be a smart***!! This is just a simple suggestion.
Again, sorry if this doesn't belong here, or it's against the rules to talk about this, or it has been discussed before.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 09, 2013 7:44 pm

@Gamer sadly the arcade seems pretty unregulated as far as the games people can upload, so this leads to a lot of duplicates of the tutorial or example games.

I too find it extremely irritating, as well as the amount of rip-off games created off the back of legitimate, copyrighted games. I understand that there is a learning process and people might be pleased with doing a tutorial and seeing the results, but it devalues the arcade a bit to see the same thing uploaded time after time.

A review process by moderators/admins would be great and would surely work to weed out the duplicate/beginner games. The downside to this is the workload increase for the mods and admins.
slap it onto the flappy bird template...
bang it on google play with all the other shovelware...
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 am

We used to have a review process but it was so time consuming there was no way we could possibly have continuously maintained it.

Perhaps we need a separate category just for "ghost shooter" games :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 8:00 am

maybe you could add a newgrounds style rating to the arcade...

if the rating is to bad, the game is kicked out of the arcade automatically and the user is notified
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 8:06 am

[QUOTE=Ize] maybe you could add a newgrounds style rating to the arcade...

if the rating is to bad, the game is kicked out of the arcade automatically and the user is notified[/QUOTE]

Could be risky, if ratings aren't fair
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 4:28 pm

I do agree with you all... Well, I have a little suggestion.

A volunteer group of experienced and well-known people over forums can be made to check the scrappy games, and probably report them?

It looks a bit weird, I know, but it might work.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 4:39 pm

I can be an agent to control and sort games out. But I'm affraid 90% of them will vanish in first hour of my cadency.

Besides that, I 'am perfect candidate.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 4:46 pm

@Shinkan : Lol :D 90% of them!

Well, there's a solution for that. A specific game will be deleted only if more than 50 or 75 percent of people in "Review group" confirm that it's scrappy?
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 pm

@gamer I feel your pain...there's a lot of "games" on there, need flushing down a binary toilet...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Perhaps a category for the games to be Tested for a little time, so, users could decide to see the not reviewed games, or only the ones that are approuved (aka: if the game is just posted, within the 3 days, moderators can make what @Gamer suggested) and after that period, the game will be published in the normal games

I know it isn't perfect, but it is a first shield against that
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Website Issues and Feedback