Ghost shooter games in arcade

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi.

Well, first if all, I'm not sure if this topic belongs here but anyways.

Everyday, 1-3 ghost shooter games are uploaded to Scirra arcade by beginners. I think there should be a law which forbids uploading Ghost shooter game on arcade, just my thoughts.
If you don't agree, then you can take a look at shooter games in arcade. There's at least 1 ghost shooter in every 10-20 games.

Dear beginners, please stop making ghost shooter games, or at least stop uploading them to arcade.

Dear mods, please do something about this.

PS: I' not trying to be a smart***!! This is just a simple suggestion.
Again, sorry if this doesn't belong here, or it's against the rules to talk about this, or it has been discussed before.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 09, 2013 7:44 pm

@Gamer sadly the arcade seems pretty unregulated as far as the games people can upload, so this leads to a lot of duplicates of the tutorial or example games.

I too find it extremely irritating, as well as the amount of rip-off games created off the back of legitimate, copyrighted games. I understand that there is a learning process and people might be pleased with doing a tutorial and seeing the results, but it devalues the arcade a bit to see the same thing uploaded time after time.

A review process by moderators/admins would be great and would surely work to weed out the duplicate/beginner games. The downside to this is the workload increase for the mods and admins.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 am

We used to have a review process but it was so time consuming there was no way we could possibly have continuously maintained it.

Perhaps we need a separate category just for "ghost shooter" games :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 8:00 am

maybe you could add a newgrounds style rating to the arcade...

if the rating is to bad, the game is kicked out of the arcade automatically and the user is notified
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 8:06 am

[QUOTE=Ize] maybe you could add a newgrounds style rating to the arcade...

if the rating is to bad, the game is kicked out of the arcade automatically and the user is notified[/QUOTE]

Could be risky, if ratings aren't fair
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 4:28 pm

I do agree with you all... Well, I have a little suggestion.

A volunteer group of experienced and well-known people over forums can be made to check the scrappy games, and probably report them?

It looks a bit weird, I know, but it might work.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 4:39 pm

I can be an agent to control and sort games out. But I'm affraid 90% of them will vanish in first hour of my cadency.

Besides that, I 'am perfect candidate.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 4:46 pm

@Shinkan : Lol :D 90% of them!

Well, there's a solution for that. A specific game will be deleted only if more than 50 or 75 percent of people in "Review group" confirm that it's scrappy?
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 pm

@gamer I feel your pain...there's a lot of "games" on there, need flushing down a binary toilet...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Perhaps a category for the games to be Tested for a little time, so, users could decide to see the not reviewed games, or only the ones that are approuved (aka: if the game is just posted, within the 3 days, moderators can make what @Gamer suggested) and after that period, the game will be published in the normal games

I know it isn't perfect, but it is a first shield against that
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Website Issues and Feedback