Ghost shooter games in arcade

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Even if the rubbish was cleaned up, Tomorrow, unless some type of system is in place to sift out the future junk, it will soon be back to where it is now.

The ideas above are sound enough, but the current system would work better with more people rating and commenting on games, at the moment, unrated and poor rated games, slide down the ladder...

Problem is, it requires forum members participation in rating and commenting on the games...

And that's the crux, as the majority are only here to sort out Their "How can I", once sorted They are off...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 1:27 am

I feel there has to be something done; as the amount of new games that are just rubbish ( sorry to offend)... but today I went on the arcade and noticed the same person putting just 'photo's up ...and added about 7 games like this..this is potentially stopping the 'real games' being noticed and rated..
I agree with a lot mentioned above.. yes maybe a team dedicated to reviewing, before they are rated by everyone else... and a fair rated system in place... right now it does make me feel that there are many taking advantage of being able to put anything up'

B
S
G

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 6:33 am

When I see a tutorial game, or a tutorial game with new graphics, or a example game or example game with new graphics.

I tear into them, 1 star them and tell them that they aren't learning anything by just uploading something. That's not coding, that's not creating that's just wasting your time and ours creating crap that no one wants.

I suggest, that sans regulation - you just rate it low and tear them a new one. Maybe that will at least filter some of the trash that's on there.

P E R H A P S
B
S

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 am

Perhaps link it to the Rep system.Although experienced developers just starting with C2 will be lumped in it will create a smaller pool or group of pools to regulate eg. 0-500, 501-999 etc
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14 am

@Ashley I wouldn't mind dedicating an hour each day to sifting through and deleting unwanted games from the arcade. I have the time to spare, and it's for the good of the arcade.
slap it onto the flappy bird template...
bang it on google play with all the other shovelware...
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 3:19 pm

We want people to just rate the games. Then the bad stuff sinks to the bottom and the good stuff floats to the top.

Note that the rating system is rep-weighted. If you have lots of rep, your vote counts for more than someone without much rep. So the system counts the feedback of long-time users as highly significant, whereas someone with a new account's rating is relatively insignificant.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 11, 2013 10:25 pm

The arcade is being redesigned by @Tom at the moment.
The new design should have more categories, one of which will/should be a "laboratory" where examples/tests/first time uploads should be put, imo, without ratings as it is more a ground for experiment/learning where comments are more valuable than a "X stars rating".

What could be done once the design is up, if users try a game that falls into the lab category but was uploaded somewhere else, rather flag/report to mods so that we can move it rather than "destroying it".

IMO, not everybody knows or can afford hosting and despite what's been told in this topic, having a game uploaded online (in the arcade) when you're a complete beginner is a first step in learning game making. Even if it is in a "misc" category with no ratings.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 12, 2013 7:11 am

Concerning the redesign, wwould it be possible to have a closed and open beta section?
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 am

The lab space is a great idea, so people can experiment safely, but for people who want to upload their finished ghost shooter, I think a greenlight system would be more acceptable than an elimination one...

We could create a small poll place where everyone can upload their entries, and from there the monthly best ones are upgraded to the arcade. The number of games on the arcade could also be limited, like 30 of them, so it could change from time to time.
...but this is mostly psychological. Check my devlog
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 12, 2013 7:45 am

@sved
thats a good idea
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Website Issues and Feedback