Ghost Shooter Question

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:29 am

I just tried that! I am kinda confused about what the initial value and the second value should be. Another thing is, the text is always visible on the screen when i run the game. Lol i am really sorry for the trouble...this is my first time.
B

Post » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:36 am

Is the text initial visibility set to no?

You could put a text-object on your screen to check the value of score to make sure it isn't always higher than 8.

text - set text: score

I'm assuming score is a global variable to which is added when a ghost is destroyed.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:34 pm

@LittleStain

I didn't know about the initial visibility. I changed it "invisible". This is what i have for the condition:

System>>compare 2 values (8=8)>>"You win" text set to visible

lol i still have the same problem. the text is there when the game begins.Thank you!
B

Post » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Well 8=8 is always true, isn't it?

You should compare a variable that changes to the 8.

So, on ghost destroyed add 1 to variable. if variable is 8 set "you win" visible
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:56 pm

So it should be:

System>>compare 2 values... and then what?

This is where i get confused. I get a dialog box that asks for the "first value, comparison, second value"

Oh, and i placed the text in another layer.
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?