ghost shooter tutorial

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
This ghastly character will bring the spooky vibes right into your game with AAA Game Character Ghost.
  • the links on the main site are 404'd, it's embarrassing

• Hi Lucid, which link exactly?

• oh, well... not as embarrassing as I originally thought, but:

sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/construct/index.php

xenox posted a working link in another thread:

dl.dropbox.com/u/34306693/ghostshootertut.zip

personally I think that should still be the most prominently featured tutorial on the site. I think it's really one of the best introductions you can get to cc's power and workflow

• Ah yes, don't worry I haven't forgotten about all that content. Most of those entries (most, not all) look like they would be best suited for the manual part of the website, which will come soon(ish). Once that is up we can start moving all those entries over.

IRT to the tutorials, and other resources, I'm going to be working hard over the next week or so on the Construct 2 and Construct Classic parts of the site, filling them with more useful content.

The tutorials system on this site still needs work to be useful/accessible to both CC and C2 so please bear with me!

If you have any suggestions, more than willing to listen of course!

• Might wanna update the sourceforge page. Its still showing the phpbb link.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/construct/

^wtf that links back to 404 here?

• also, not rushing just making sure I didn't miss it, but that new chat version, that's not up yet right?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's ok I spent ages setting up 301 redirects for as many old URL's as I could, it still points to the same place though :) Will ask ash to change it though (I don't have pw)

• Lucid, was just working on it tonight, it's going to take a little while longer to make it display with gravatar/colourings so expect it to be up in the next few days all being well, it's a lot harder to mod than I expected though.

It wont replace the chat link, there will be a small BETA chat room text link top right of the forum when it's ready.

• I'm not having ago or anything but i remember the fallout from when construct classic was released too early, all the bugs/crashes gave you a bad reputation for a while which you worked hard to come back from and it seems to me like your making the exact same mistake again with the website.

Wouldn't it have been better to work on this new site concurrently with the old one in private and invite people to beta test it, work out all the bugs, try different things, add your new features? As it is we are left with a work in progress, with half implemented features, dead links, buttons that don't work etc etc.

• Hi Ethan,

If you point me to the dead links I'm happy to fix them as I come across them. The current site we have online, to the best of my knowledge really doesn't have many dead links at all (I can't think of any from the top of my head) but if you have a list of links/buttons that don't work please do share! I've set up email reports for all server errors and 404 which I do spend time working through. I've also spent literally hours and hours making sure all the old site URL's redirect to the new site in a logical way (try visiting an old PHP forum URL for example).

Working on the site concurrently with the old one as you suggest brings up a lot more issues, and is a lot more time consuming and difficult to develop. It just wouldn't have worked in our case at all. Not only that, it would never get finished, and sometimes you just have to decide a point to release. Appealing to too many people for comment also can do a lot more damage than good. Me and Ash both had a clear focus of what we wanted the site to be, and presently it's strongly heading that way.

Clean large releases for large websites really require a team of people, just me making it is really time consuming, I wasn't expecting it to be a 100% smooth release, but that's ok, that's just how things are. We have still executed a lot better than some other websites have in my opinion.

You are right that it's a work in progress, every website is really! Development on big and good websites never really finishes. I am confident in saying however, that the current website is qualifiably better than the old site.

• Hi Tom,

You're doing a great job!

I just hope that you release the early adopter version of construct 2 soon so i can help support you guys.

p.s. i just lost 50 rep points, nice.

• I've encouraged Tom to take the same development approach with the website as I do with C2: release early and release often. This means there will be broken things from time to time or lots of bugs when new features go up, but overall it means development goes a lot quicker. In my experience with the general public trying things out (both with website and C2), bugs and issues are worked out much quicker than with a small group of private testers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)