Ghosts and E-Mails

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
181 High quality audio files for your Zombie and Ghosts
  • I've got an idea for something, but I don't know how to do it haha

So imagine a racing game, where you can email your lap times and ghost car data to a friend from inside the game - or at least be able to download a file which you send to a mate who then uploads it from within the game. Then when they play the game they see their own ghost and also their mates one(s).

Firstly - ghost cars, I'm thinking of storing the data of the cars position every frame in an array or something? I've never used arrays.

Second one - Emailing / sending data from within the game, not sure how to go about this. Maybe email / downloading is the wrong way to go about it even. A buddy / user system might be better.

Anyone have any tips on how to get started coming up with a solution to this?

Cheers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For ghost cars, I would store the position and angle every 0.3 seconds or so, along with a timestamp, and the game would have a built in reader that would interpolate the values between two saved times to return the angle and position.

A linear interpolation between them seems sufficient for a first test.

• Aphrodite thanks, I'll give that a go I am also thinking about maybe storing the input commands for each ghost and replaying that data onto a 'real' car on the track without collision

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)