Gladiator Ball! Football Themed Fast Action Fun!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:24 am

What makes it feel a bit sluggish is not really the speed of the game i think, rather the speed of the background. Try and make it move faster -- even if you have to ad some extra-reglamentary lines.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:01 pm

megalocrator wrote:What makes it feel a bit sluggish is not really the speed of the game i think, rather the speed of the background. Try and make it move faster -- even if you have to ad some extra-reglamentary lines.

I will look at speeding it up but after that first touchdown the gladiators AI kicks in and it gets hard fast and remember it will be young kids that might want to play this so I can't make it too hard at first or they may give up playing.

I will fiddle with the playfield speed which is independent of the gladiator and player speed and see if that looks better.

It is also designed to replicate real football and you would not run a hundred yards very fast lol!

I am also thinking of adding in a throwing event and maybe have the player have to tackle the opposing gladiators when they rush down the field with the ball.

Still lots to do on this game but I think it is coming out pretty dang nice and I appreciate all the feedback!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Megalocrator has agreed to work on some nice new graphics for this game so bookmark it and watch for the new update!

I am excited to see his work and his samples are excellent.
Banned User
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests