Global Layer not global for me

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:07 am

I have a layout on which I have a layer called Menu and the Global is set to Yes in the Editor Properties.

I have a second layout which also has a Menu layer and I want the menu from the first layout to appear in the second, but when I run the game the menu doesn't appear in the second layout.

Anybody know what I'm stupidly missing?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:14 pm

@Nikydude don't be a dick about it dude. I completely understand what was written. It is certainly a question on your own mistake.

Nickydude wrote:I understand exactly where to post.

Just because I can't get it to work doesn't automatically mean it's a bug, it's probably something I'm doing wrong as other people have it working and I'd just like to know how they did it.

Is it a bug? Can no one else do it? I would appreciate an answer before I jump in an say it's a bug.

I would recommend you make sure you understand what was written before you post a reply.
Last edited by Apox Inc on Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:39 pm

I understand exactly where to post.

Just because I can't get it to work doesn't automatically mean it's a bug, it's probably something I'm doing wrong as other people have it working and I'd just like to know how they did it.

Is it a bug? Can no one else do it? I would appreciate an answer before I jump in an say it's a bug.

I would recommend you make sure you understand what was written before you post a reply.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:49 pm

It works, it just needs a little TLC.

See capx of it working... it will change layouts ever 3 seconds.
globallayouttest.capx

The trick is to make sure layout is selected. Go to layer and mark layer as global. Other layout, layers must have same name. Menu and Menu.
You know it works when other layouts, layer is disabled and says "Yes, overridden" or something like that.

There are a few bugs, but ashley said they will be address in future beta releases.

But all in all, it is a great feature and going to save countless hours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks DUTOIT that helped.

It didn't say "Yes, overridden" when I was working on it yesterday but now it does and the menu is working.

Much appreciated. :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:36 am

Nickydude wrote:Thanks @DUTOIT that helped.

It didn't say "Yes, overridden" when I was working on it yesterday but now it does and the menu is working.

Fixed that mention for ya.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:16 am

Nickydude wrote:Thanks DUTOIT that helped.

NP, glad it helped.
It will only get easier/better - it's still beta - lol
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:55 am

don't be a dick about it dude.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Nickydude wrote:
don't be a dick about it dude.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Why do brits get offended so easy? Why do you all have attitudes? I just don't get it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Locked, no need to use such language. Also looks like some edits or deletes were made since the thread makes no sense now, so assuming something nefarious went on there.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?