global objects & Xaudio

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • a few questions on global objects... when i make an Xaudio object global, it only works if i run the entire application (ie. run an individual layout, and it doesn't work.)

-global sprites... they're usually invisible on the next layout. since they aren't fully documented yet, can someone fill me in on exactly how they work?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Global sprites shouldn't go invisible - marking them global simply means they don't destroy at the end of the layout, and that they appear in all event sheet editors.

The global XAudio2 thing is a known problem - running a layout won't create it because the object is on the first layout. The best solution I can think of is to have two global variables, 'debug' and 'layout' - have on start of layout on the first layout, if debug = 1, jump to layout global('layout'). Then always preview the entire application, and to preview one layout, set the global variables.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)