GMArcade ~ The Friendly Indie Game Host & Community

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:46 pm

[quote="homebrewpc":33focutt] People are more likely to play things when they're online.[/quote:33focutt]

...really? I must be a weirdo then :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:23 pm

[quote="deadeye":3f0z3w4s][quote="homebrewpc":3f0z3w4s] People are more likely to play things when they're online.[/quote:3f0z3w4s]

...really? I must be a weirdo then :P[/quote:3f0z3w4s]

Lol, casual gamers are more likely to play things when they're online ;)
B
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey, that's actually pretty cool.

It doesn't seem to work on Opera, though. Java does work on Opera, not sure why your applet doesn't.

What's the difference between downloading a ZIP file and opening the standalone EXE vs. playing the game on your site? It still has to download the file and everything, so it doesn't reduce too much time? Is this feature more for Game Maker games?
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:23 am

[quote="CROS":1ok1ub1j]Hey, that's actually pretty cool.

It doesn't seem to work on Opera, though. Java does work on Opera, not sure why your applet doesn't.

What's the difference between downloading a ZIP file and opening the standalone EXE vs. playing the game on your site? It still has to download the file and everything, so it doesn't reduce too much time? Is this feature more for Game Maker games?[/quote:1ok1ub1j]

It doesn't work on Opera? What game where you testing it on? Try this one: http://gmarcade.com/game/DeathWorm.html I know it works.

As for the difference, there is none. It just eliminates clicks and gives the impression of online play. And this feature is for any kind of executable game :)
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:59 am

Maybe I don't have Java configured correctly. :(
I'll have to look into it later.

Games that require installation obviously won't work with this, right? How many of the games on your site work with this? Or are most of the games on your site Game Maker games right now?

Either way it's a pretty cool idea. It can definitely give users the feeling of a quicker play of the game.
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:07 am

[quote="CROS":3lyz964h]Maybe I don't have Java configured correctly. :(
I'll have to look into it later.

Games that require installation obviously won't work with this, right? How many of the games on your site work with this? Or are most of the games on your site Game Maker games right now?

Either way it's a pretty cool idea. It can definitely give users the feeling of a quicker play of the game.[/quote:3lyz964h]

Almost all of the games work right now, installation games won't work with this (it would just run the install file...which I guess would be okay). It doesn't matter if the games are Game Maker or not, any exe game will work. However, yes, most are GM games.

B
G

Post » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:10 am

This is a great service.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:19 am

[quote="Casho":2xnxvox3]This is a great service.[/quote:2xnxvox3]

Thanks Casho, I'm glad you like it! :) If you ever have any ideas for me, just post them in the forums on GMA or here. I'm always welcome to new suggestions, and they usually get added very quickly.
B
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:13 pm

Looks realy cool.
But would be great if the developers got an percentage of the google add money.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:09 pm

[quote="dhondon":6cb0c4qu]Looks realy cool.
But would be great if the developers got an percentage of the google add money.[/quote:6cb0c4qu]

Hey your getting free hosting for your game. If he doesn't get the money, what will pay for bandwidth?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic