GNILLEY (for Global Game Jam Sydney)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:15 pm

So for this past weekend's Game Jam I split off from my team to work on a prototype in Construct, using a bit of inline python. The reception it got was great and the Sydney judges awarded it Most Original, my favourite flavour of award.

Video of me presenting the game (the beginning is cut off but you get all the gameplay): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYPwYfbi8jA

Aaaand you can get the game itself here: http://www.globalgamejam.org/2010/gnilley

So far Deadeye can't run it, but everyone else can. If you do get an error, please post the first message you get here and I'll do my best.
B
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:30 pm

[quote="Radix":2nvjrp9x]So far Deadeye can't run it, but everyone else can.[/quote:2nvjrp9x]

I wanna yell at my computer :cry:

I mean, and have it actually do something. I already yell at it a lot but nothing ever happens. Hopefully some kind of Python wizardry can be magicked up and I'll be able to play this in the future.

Anyway, congrats on the award, man :). It looks like the Game Jam was a lot of fun.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:16 am

I saw the video in your tigsource thread and cracked up. The pitch of your scream during the presentation was so fitting, haha. I would definitely try it if I had a mic. Did you use a python lib to get mic input?

Hilariously awesome idea.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:26 am

I played it and decided to put it on hold until I'm drunk.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:07 am

[quote="Davioware":3sjxq862]Did you use a python lib to get mic input? [/quote:3sjxq862]
Yeah, pySonic. Not based on any intelligent choice, just because the chap sitting next to me happened to have the pyd handy. Too bad there's no microphone plugin, huh.
B
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I've tried installing this multiple times on my Windows 7 32-Bit... Keep geting the same error message loop. 2 messages over and over until I quit the program.

I've seen this posted on a couple different boards so far... but decided to register and post on this one because I saw the creator chattin it up in this one.

I really hope this can get figured out as I really like the looks of this game...

Thanks for your hard work!

btw... heres what the error message says

Traceback (most recent call last)
File "<string>",line 11, in<module>
NameError: name 'vee_vee' is not defined
B
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 pm

Too bad I don't have a microphone. Your presentation was full of all sorts of win, though. :P

By the way, you made it on Engadget.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:39 pm

[quote="MescalinePanda":huehotyz]I've tried installing this multiple times on my Windows 7 32-Bit... Keep geting the same error message loop. 2 messages over and over until I quit the program.

I've seen this posted on a couple different boards so far... but decided to register and post on this one because I saw the creator chattin it up in this one.

I really hope this can get figured out as I really like the looks of this game...

Thanks for your hard work!

btw... heres what the error message says

Traceback (most recent call last)
File "<string>",line 11, in<module>
NameError: name 'vee_vee' is not defined[/quote:huehotyz]Hey man, thanks for posting. That "vee_vee" one is the second error message; let me know what the first one says if you get the chance.

I'm still trying to track down exactly what's happening so this would help me out.
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:00 am

I signed up just to tell you this. Be grateful. :wink:

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. When I run the .exe I get looping errors...
First one:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Second:
File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
NameError: name "'vee_vee' is not defined

Third:
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "<string>", line 3, in a
NameError: global name 'sample' is not defined

Numbers 2 and 3 loop through and each time I click OK on 2 and 3 the game advances a frame.I can't click in the game or do anything with it.
Hope this helps you see what's wrong, I really want to try this game out!
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 am

You're famous! :mrgreen:

[url:25jr4k9s]http://kotaku.com/5461842/shout-it-out-loud-with-this-indie-game[/url:25jr4k9s]

Seriously, though. Congratulations on your award. :wink:

(ed.)
Destructoid was just a little later than Kotaku in posting about your game...

[url:25jr4k9s]http://www.destructoid.com/gnilley-a-game-about-yelling-like-a-lunatic-162239.phtml[/url:25jr4k9s]

From the user comments it looks like everybody really likes it. 8)
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your Creations