Go to random layout.

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:10 pm

Sure, PM me a link to it (host on dropbox), and I'll see if I can take a look for you.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:07 am

Jayjay wrote:"Go to layout" and then "random(n) + a" where n is the number of layouts to select from after starting point a.

For more direct layout selection you can use an array like R0j0hound did for sprite spawning like so:

{"man", "woman", "monster", "kid"}@(random(4)+1)

Can you please help:

I have 4 layouts. and i want the first layout to link to the other 3 layouts randomly. the name of the layouts are:
Layout 1 (which contains the link button)
Layout 2
Layout 3
Layout 4

You just said Go to layout" and then "random(n) + a" where n is the number of layouts to select from after starting point a." How should the code be for me than?
B

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:20 am

Message: farrellsupreme is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Jayjay wrote:Sure, PM me a link to it (host on dropbox), and I'll see if I can take a look for you.
B

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:21 am

Message: farrellsupreme is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
farrellsupreme wrote:
Jayjay wrote:Sure, PM me a link to it (host on dropbox), and I'll see if I can take a look for you.

Okay i can't PM because of my reputation points. But here is the link
B

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:24 am

farrellsupreme wrote:
farrellsupreme wrote:

Here you are
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:08 am

Ah Construct 2, might have been better to post this request in the Construct 2 forum area instead of Construct Classic :P But here's what I did (don't have r178 installed right now):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/471 ... ayout.capx
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:20 am

Jayjay wrote:Ah Construct 2, might have been better to post this request in the Construct 2 forum area instead of Construct Classic :P But here's what I did (don't have r178 installed right now):

Thanks a lot!
B

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:08 am

Jayjay wrote:Ah Construct 2, might have been better to post this request in the Construct 2 forum area instead of Construct Classic :P But here's what I did (don't have r178 installed right now):

Sorry i have one more question. How do you make sure it goes to each layout once?
B

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:46 am

I'll try and make something when I next get some time, but you might find that an array to store if each layout has been visited already will help.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic