Godot Engine (open source 2d/3d engine)

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Colludium wrote:@Bleenx,

The answer to your question about visual scripting is here in the Godot roadmap, Core Engine #24.... :)

Oh cool, thanks for that. It seems like a target later than even this year with all the stuff before it. Of course, I'm not sure how fast the devs work though. Has anyone talked about visual scripting for Godot in detail, like if it's gonna be similar to Playmaker for Unity or something as nice and convenient as C2? I saw that it said it would be similar to Blueprint for Unreal but I'm not familiar with that at all.
Last edited by Bleenx on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:36 pm

@Bleenx, I haven't been following their forums closely so I don't know if it's been discussed. The editor already has visual scripting for creating shader effects and animation controls, so I imagine that it'll be like that (ie similar to Playmaker / UE4's Blueprints). Not as intuitive as c2's event system, IMO, but it'll be far better than learning to code!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Colludium wrote:@Bleenx, I haven't been following their forums closely so I don't know if it's been discussed. The editor already has visual scripting for creating shader effects and animation controls, so I imagine that it'll be like that (ie similar to Playmaker / UE4's Blueprints). Not as intuitive as c2's event system, IMO, but it'll be far better than learning to code!

Ha.. right! I don't enjoy programming. I don't have the brain for it. If it weren't for something like c2, I'd be stuck watching C# tutorials on YouTube and trying to figure out Unity. Here's hoping Godot can do something that helps more artsy people with the visual scripting thing.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic