Go!Go!Maddi! Dev Log and Beta Test Thread :D

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 pm

I think you have managed to capture that 1990's arcade feel very well indeed...great character and animation,with that learn by error learning curve....

The fact it's such a personal game could detract a little...but only to anyone who isn't called Maddi,I suppose!Pixel perfick2013-02-23 21:32:47
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Hey damainman! Game is pretty cool, couldn't finish Halloween one(don't remember why, I played it long ago). Maybe add some small simple puzzles to the game? Or some other gameplay elements? It becomes slightly boring if you play more than 10 minutes, you know, I face this problem quite frequently when developing games, so now I'm trying to add something extra-extra to my current project.

But once again, the game is awesome, the atmosphere makes this game great! :)Android-Music2013-02-23 20:53:56
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks guys!

*Android Music: I'd love to put puzzle bits in, but it's for my daughter who will probably only be 4 years old by the time I'm finished lol!

The levels will be broken up so it wont be repetitive. I'm not even sure what demo I have up for ppl to download - every section has a theme. The first part is wild west/haunted forest/crab cave - then a bonus level which is that pseudo 3d flying part. The next level which I haven't even made a pixel for is the Winter level - which has platforming, down hill sled/shooter bits, then the robodaddy level with a shoot out at the end. Then another 3d bonus level. Then there will be cloud kingdom where daddy changes into a birdman - it's entirely side scrolling shooter. Back to platform for the second part of the cloud kingdom and then a boss fight on a floating sky island.

The bonus 3d level again, and the nightmare level which I've only sketched out the boss fight for.

I've been trying to keep in the mindset of "it's for a kid". Otherwise I'd be putting huge maps full of action rpg bits in...But thats another project I'll post soon haha!

Thanks for the input guys!!

B
S
G

Post » Wed May 01, 2013 3:37 am

Put Go!Go!Maddi! on the back burner for a few months while JayJay and I do this:

Insanity's Blade: The 8-bit Experience!!

Go!Go!Maddi! will be completed later this year or early next, depending on how long this new project takes. I needed a break from play testing the levels ;)

Chris
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Amazing looking game!
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 26, 2013 1:46 am

@velcroJoe Thanks! I think I'll be picking this back up again very soon. The ideas I had for the winter levels need to get out of my head so I can concentrate on my other project so I think there will be a new up date in the next few weeks. I was going to switch to C2 for the project but I think I'll keep it CC as I like the over all feel of it better.

There is a c2 version which is almost on par with the cc version and I've recently been working with another dev and have the space harrier style level working but I like the way it looks in c2 better still.

There is going to be a tobogganing part in the game and I want it to look as awesome as I can make it!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:18 am

UGH! So completely torn as to which direction to head in with this game. The CC version is just smoother over all but CC crashes on my computer and gives me out of memory errors constantly. I don't think it was ever meant for a game this big. Then again it may just hate windows 7 64 bit... There are so many bugs in the C2 version and every time a new version of C2 comes out, something goes wrong with the game and I have to adjust.

The Pseudo 3D is better the CC version because of sprite skew as well as being able to use distort as a special effect console style...

Here's a couple of screen shots. Both from the C2 Version at the moment as I was coding that new Pseudo 3d Engine for the other game (which is finished). But the whole thing just looks arse compared to the CC version.. at least to me. I may be too picky though.

B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 pm

I had similar crashing problems during final development stages of Ivan Fu?koff (it's a pretty big game too). CC doesn't hate Win7 64-bit. After PC-upgrade (which included 8 GB of RAM) I hadn't encountered crashes so often. I'd stick to CC version if I were you because it runs much smoother, just save your project every couple of minutes and everything will be fine.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:36 pm

@Wolod I have 8gb of ram... Project cap is about 10mb with the music at the moment. I can't remember what it tells me for ram usage when I'm working in it but it's ridiculous. The crashes and out of memory error basically happen every 5 minutes. I auto save but there are times when it just isn't enough. Also the UI goes to crap on me, buttons disappear and/or stop working etc etc. C2 has similar issues but nothing as bad as CC. The C2 version is 160mb... oiii...

Maybe I can switch to another computer for deving in CC...

Thanks for the advice, I do still like CC a little better (sprite font also so broken).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:17 pm

@damainman My cap is 16 Mb without music. Maybe there are some events or plugins that cause that crash. Most crashes that I've seen on my PC were caused by CC image editor and fullscreen mode. So I was saving entire project before adding or replacing any sprites. Also no test runs in fullscreen with opened CC. I don't like that sprite font stuff too. Well, I hope that you'll complete this cute game. Good luck!Wolod2013-07-18 21:20:35
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations