Google Chrome

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Just installed Google Chrome. It's come a long way since the original release that I tried - Chrome 3 is extremely fast, very nice looking and apparently Chrome 4 is even faster!

I might switch - I was using Firefox, but Chrome seems newer and faster.

Anyone else tried it and liking it?

• I wouldn't trust Google for a second.

You'll have adverts coming out of your wazoo!

BTW, these forums have been deadly slow the last few days.

It's taken me about 4 minutes just to be able to post this reply, and probably another 30 seconds when I press Submit.

Krush.

• I've been using it as my primary browser for over a year now, practically since the first beta came out. It's faster than any other browser I've used and the interfaces of other browsers seem so cluttered by comparison.

I'll never be able to go back.

• if ram/memory consumption isn't a concern for you, chrome is the way to go otherwise, firefox is for those will less ram

• Really? On this page Firefox uses 27mb, and Chrome uses 19mb.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If Google Chrome gets an equivelant of Firefox's adblock, I'd probably switch. But that's most likely never going to happen. Adfree internet and the ability to block images I don't want to look at it is something I couldn't give up.

• If Google Chrome gets an equivelant of Firefox's adblock, I'd probably switch. But that's most likely never going to happen. Adfree internet and the ability to block images I don't want to look at it is something I couldn't give up.

Given that Google is the biggest advertiser on the internet.... um yeah probably not going to happen.

• > If Google Chrome gets an equivelant of Firefox's adblock, I'd probably switch. But that's most likely never going to happen. Adfree internet and the ability to block images I don't want to look at it is something I couldn't give up.

>

Given that Google is the biggest advertiser on the internet.... um yeah probably not going to happen.

You said it like Firefox people made Ad-block not other people.

• I've been using it for about 6 months now, and I find it a lot faster than firefox. Now I only use firefox when I need to use a special plugin, or when chrome is not supported.

• Firefox is crashing a shit lot lately. But it has all these cool extensions, so I'm sticking with that crashing POS.

• Given that Google is the biggest advertiser on the internet.... um yeah probably not going to happen.

While I doubt that Google would make any "official" ad blocking extensions, I'm quite sure there would be user-made ones available. I mean, Chrome is open source, isn't it? Or at least extensible.

• Google's first rule of business is "do no evil", and lord knows they do make a lot of software, some with no apparent reason. But they would have to be silly to make it possible to block their own adds with their own browser, and you'd have to be silly to believe they have no ulterior motives for making a browser. ...um ok yeah Google does do some silly stuff.

• Heh, it seems like Google is becoming the new MiKKKrosoft, because OMG EVIL they're taking over the world! Where some see "ulterior motives" I just see "business model," I guess. They're a web-centric company. It makes sense that they would produce a web browser.

And however reluctant they may be to allow ad blocking with Chrome, they're canny enough to know they'll get all kinds of nerdrage aimed at them if they try to keep 3rd party stuff from being developed for their open-source browser. It's just a matter of time, someone will make it, I'm sure.

But then again, who knows? Maybe it'll be like homebrew-hacking your game console... like "sorry, you can't update to the latest version, you have unauthorized extensions installed." Even so, someone will probably come up with a workaround. Want to run Chrome with no ads? Try Krome!

• Google search is one of the best.

Google mail is one of the best.

George Orwell's "1984" is the best.

No, thanks, Opera is my choice forever.

P.S. as for adverts, my firewall blocks everything, so I don't even know - are there any adverts on the site or not?

• I might switch - I was using Firefox, but Chrome seems newer and faster.

I feel being newer shouldn't factor in a software decision, unless it's related to compatibility issues.

I haven't tried Chrome since 1.0, when it was unusable due to crashes and sluggishness. I guess I should now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)