Google Nexus (Jellybean) issue?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:17 pm

People on the AppMobi forums are reporting similar issues so I'm sure it's going to get worked out over the next few months.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 am

Well it's been several months but I ran into this issue again using phonegap and I finally figured it out. If you have Use Mouse Inputs enabled on your touch object, you get the touch event firing twice.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:03 pm

[QUOTE=ArcadEd] Well it's been several months but I ran into this issue again using phonegap and I finally figured it out. If you have Use Mouse Inputs enabled on your touch object, you get the touch event firing twice.

[/QUOTE]

So... Are you saying that by disabling the Use Mouse Inputs then the touch works as designed?

Just want to clarify - Nexus is one of the devices I am buying this month for testing.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Yes, I turned that option off in construct, exported to phonegap and built with eclipse and everything worked great. Going update my other app that's been on google play for a while. I had to make it not available to Droid os over 4.1. :)

I should reiterate, this was only a problem when building with phonegap through eclipse. Not sure if it happens with phonegap build as well.

ArcadEd2013-02-06 18:26:28
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:36 pm

[quote]Yes, I turned that option off in construct, exported to phonegap and built with eclipse and everything worked great[/quote]
May i ask you, why you use phonegap and eclipse instead of just using phonegaps online compiler? Im really interested, as coccon is not possible for me at the moment and exporting my game to phonegap-online-builder is quite laggy(sure, this may have several reasons). Ok, i saw your spelling game(which is really nice!--> superb grfx.All made by yourself?), as little as i know by now, i guess its no problem for your game that is not supported by direct-canvas(not really sure if im right here). One thing i really dislike with my little export-experiences with phonegap-online-compiler is that my programm now requires permissions i dont wanna have in my game,cause its just not necessary.Those games compiled by cocoon are even worse...As i have a (very) little experience programming java within eclipse i know, that you have full control over the permissions here. Do i have the control with the combination of cordova/eclipse? Didnt try it out yet.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:01 pm

@dformer

I only use Phonegap with simple games/apps. I build it through eclipse (for droid) and xcode (for ios) because it gives me more flexibility in the build. I can add any 3rd party sdk I want, in this case AdMob. I can also include, exclude permissions, etc.

Also, in the past I used the Audio Latency plugin for phonegap to fix up laggy sound issues, however I didn't need to this time. I'm guessing the latest version of phonegap has solved that issue.

Thanks for the nice words on my game, yes I did all the graphics myself. Except for the pictures, those were purchased.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:30 pm

@ArcadEd: Thank you very much for answering me.

I still have a lot to learn
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:20 am

We all do :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General