Google Play alert about OpenSSL

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:46 pm

FYI - I have been successfully updating my apps and submitting new apps to google play using the 'beta' tag in the latest XDK build. No issues building or submitting new or old projects to Google Play.

The SSL issue had nothing to do with updating SSL on your local machine - it was/is an XDK issue.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:03 pm

That's generally due to your images (build assets). Try removing some. They should not have special characters in the names.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:13 pm

imaffett wrote:That's generally due to your images (build assets). Try removing some. They should not have special characters in the names.

I renamed them, so I don't have any. The build still fails. I've also tried to remove all splashscreens and icons, but still build fails. :(
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:14 am

I fixed it by updating the Crosswalk Build version from stable to 10.
http://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/fix-openssl-issue/
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:49 pm

So, the OpenSSL alert is here again... As many of people here, I have temporarily bypassed it with installing new OpenSSL on my local machine, but - to be honest, it wasn't a real remedy. We have probably just suppressed it, until Google scanned apps again.
However, now I have a problem with Crosswalk 10 - my apps compiled with this version choke and crash on my tablet Orion 70l (quadcore, 1GHz Cortex A7). On previous version of Crosswalk (7, stable) they have worked ok. I guess that this will start a bunch of angry reviews for my apps, made by lower-end device users...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:53 pm

Message: volcank can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@vladetam since I am at work today I will try out tonight building my games again with Crosswalk 10. Hope it goes on well.

I was going to ask a question. According to the tutorial below:

http://bit.ly/1yDsCBH

I just change the crosswalk version to 10 by typing it and do nothing else right?

Regards
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:59 pm

@volcank
Yes - although I just type 'beta' which is currently version 10, and then recompile as usual. The problem with my apps, however, starts when I run them on my tablet (android 4.2). They become unresponsive too often... I don't know what's the reason behind this. With Crosswalk 7 they worked just fine. However, I must say that this machine is not too strong - on several other machines I see no such problems. That's not a comfort, though, since I know that many users do have weaker machines...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:48 pm

@vladetam You know I tried and my games are working just fine. Maybe you should try Cranberrygame's Phonegap WebviewPlus Plugin for better performance.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:35 am

One of my apps was having this issue but I deactivated the CocoonJS apk version and after a few hours the alert went away. So for me it wasn't an issue with my Crosswalk published build, but the Cocoonjs apk I had as a backup for older devices. Just wanted to mention that in case it helps anyone else.

edit: I take it back. Looks like the alert came back on Crosswalk apps that I haven't updated. I tried updating my openssl and using beta 10 on one of my apps and the alert hasn't come back on that one for a few days.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:03 am

I've the same problem, got this alert today, the only way i know to fix it is to build with crosswalk version 10 instead of version 7 and then the performance will be really bad ! any other solution ?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?