Google Play Game Services API

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Good Afternoon, Scirra Team

I want to ask, we will have plugin google game api in the future, because it is very good...

• I think this question falls in the hands of Ludei with CocoonJS, but I could be wrong..

• Eventually. i hear google intends to support JS in there Android browser.... some day.

• Is there something new about this topic? I want to add it, too!

• I think the best thing to do is try it with the gamecenter options. I believe the plugin is designed to be more generic (leaderboards, achievements, purchases, etc) and then when you cloud compile it takes note of which options you select in the cloud compiler and compiles each distribution differently based on your selections. Then you just need to name your leaderboard the same on both Google Play and GameCenter and then you can just say, post this score to this leaderboard in C2. I think the name gamecenter in the plugin is confusing.

I'm not sure if I am explaining that very well. Does it make sense?

When I have time I plan on trying it myself.

• In the CocoonJS cloud compiler there is an option to enable game center and google play games, but not configuration options for both. Only Google Play Games has configuration in the cloud compiler, and only Game Center has configuration in the plug in... so if what ArcadEd is saying is true then you just have to configure it the same for each one.

For example give your google play and game center leaderboards the same name and then you only have to make the call once in your game and it should pick the right one dependant on if it is on an iOS device or Android... h

• I would die for a guide. Can anyone help us out? I'll really appreciate that :)

• In the CocoonJS cloud compiler there is an option to enable game center and google play games, but not configuration options for both. Only Google Play Games has configuration in the cloud compiler, and only Game Center has configuration in the plug in... so if what ArcadEd is saying is true then you just have to configure it the same for each one.

For example give your google play and game center leaderboards the same name and then you only have to make the call once in your game and it should pick the right one dependant on if it is on an iOS device or Android... h

I'm trying it but doesn't work, at least for me, here is my post:

scirra.com/forum/google-play-scoreboards_topic85114.html

I'm not sure if it's a configuration problem, but i don't reach the "on failed" event (or "on success") so i don't know what is happening.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley

Now we have a new way to Android exporting, but we still have a difficulty using Google Game Service.

Is it on the todo list?

• I'm developing my first android game with C2, and setting up a Google Play page. They require 5 achievements minimum to publish. I have no idea what I'm doing. I assume I might have to export the html files with C2, then compile the APK, then hunt thru the code with Android SDK and type in sharing/achievement features with Google API.

• You have to wait for the update of the CocoonJS Plugin to the latest version. Than there will be tutorials of some smart guys you can follow

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)