Google play is about to remove games built with Crosswalk 7

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:59 am

Message: Egyptoon can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Today i found this alert on Google play developer console:
Security alert

Your app is statically linking against a version of OpenSSL that has multiple security vulnerabilities. You should update OpenSSL as soon as possible.

The vulnerabilities were addressed in OpenSSL versions beginning with 1.0.1h, 1.0.0m, and 0.9.8za. To confirm your OpenSSL version, you can do a grep via ("$ unzip -p YourApp.apk | strings | grep "OpenSSL""). For more information about the vulnerability, please consult http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt .

To confirm that you've upgraded correctly, upload the updated version to the Developer Console and check back after five hours.

Please note, while it's unclear whether these specific issues affect your application, applications with vulnerabilities that expose users to risk of compromise may be considered "dangerous products" and subject to removal from Google Play.
-----------------------------------------
is there is anyway to fix this without building with crosswalk 10 ?! i can't use it for my game, the fps will be 8 or less! please help.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:55 pm

It is strange Crosswalk 10 to cause slow. I don't have problems here. How are you compiling?
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm not the only one facing that, many users too.
I'm compiling using intel XDK, Crosswalk for android
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:22 am

It's probably a problem in your project. I recently compiled a project with Crosswalk 10 and worked right.
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:31 am

If it's a problem in my project why it works just fine if I use Crosswalk 7 ?! Note that I'm testing on Galaxy S3 mini. in my country it's a good mobile phone and it's my target device.
please check my game on Google play "Propaganda" with a brain picture on the icon, and tell me what to do.

My Results:-
Canvas 2d> Crosswalk 7 = 45 fps
Webgl > Crosswalk 7 = 8 fps
Canvas 2d > Crosswalk 10 = 8fps
Webgl > Crosswalk 10 = 5 fps

Thanks for your reply
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:19 pm

EstudioCelula3 wrote:It's probably a problem in your project. I recently compiled a project with Crosswalk 10 and worked right.

can you tell me exactly what settings you did in both C2 and intel XDK ? and you testing device model please.
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Egyptoon wrote:If it's a problem in my project why it works just fine if I use Crosswalk 7 ?! Note that I'm testing on Galaxy S3 mini. in my country it's a good mobile phone and it's my target device.
please check my game on Google play "Propaganda" with a brain picture on the icon, and tell me what to do.

My Results:-
Canvas 2d> Crosswalk 7 = 45 fps
Webgl > Crosswalk 7 = 8 fps
Canvas 2d > Crosswalk 10 = 8fps
Webgl > Crosswalk 10 = 5 fps

Thanks for your reply

Those results are hard to believe; cwalk10 has certainly exhibited lower performance than 7, but I've never seen anyone report the kind of discrepancy you're seeing. Generally a 10-15% regression, not 500%, as with your canvas2d readings. Speaking of your C2D readings, something is very wrong there: you should not being getting faster framerates with canvas2d, which suggests your device may have a GPU that is blacklisted, and unable to run webGL properly.

Are you sure you've exported the same project and built it with v7 and v10? What do you get if you preview your game over wifi with chrome or firefox (yes, there is firefox for android)? Have you managed to test on multiple devices, or have a friend test on their devices?
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:01 pm

@TiAm
I found that canvas 2d is much faster than webgl and don't know why
yes it's the same project exported twice (crosswalk 7 and 10)
previewing the game over wifi gave me much better result but the best was crosswalk 7 + canvas 2d and the game was very smooth (45 to 50 fps)
i tested on many devices with others, even powerful devices show dropping in fps when using crosswalk 10
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:07 pm

@Egyptoon

What version is on Google Play right now, and how is it config'd? Crosswalk version? WebGL or Canvas2D?
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:37 pm

@TiAm
right now if you find "propaganda 1.1" it is the one built with crosswalk 7
B
S

Next

Return to Construct 2 General