Google play is about to remove games built with Crosswalk 7

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:31 am

@EstudioCelula3
I know those tips very well and i tried everything, no hope.
crosswalk 7 is the king, Crosswalk 10 is a disaster.
thanks for your help.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:44 am

Well, I suggest you share your project to test it in other devices (I can to test in mine). If you want, please share your APK or CAPX.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:48 am

you sure you dident done something wrong with ur app? like stealing peoples info? else i don't see why Google will remove crosswalk.. unless u did that.

as you said in your message "Security alert

Your app is statically linking against a version of OpenSSL"

you need to repack the android with the latest crowalk to solve it, my last post was a brain fart , i think i was working for 25 hrs
Last edited by gamecorpstudio on Wed May 13, 2015 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:45 pm

@gamecorpstudio
Yea, I'm a vampire.
seriously: the OpenSSL is related to Crosswalk version 7 I'm using for its great performance, You are using version 10 that affect performance too much.
it's not my fault.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:05 pm

@EstudioCelula3 @gamecorpstudio Come on guys, you can't search forums? Crosswalk 10 crappy performance is a known issue that intel's guys are trying to fix here. And open SSL in crosswalk 7 is broken, not because it used to scam people, 10 pages thread about openssl issue, it is also a known issue, intel wants everybody to update their crosswalk builds, but crosswalk 10 has very poor performance on many devices, but they are working on it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:34 pm

@Sisyphus
Thanks for your reply
can you please tell me when the fix can be available ? any workaround for now to save my game on google play store and get rid of this alert ? any update coming soon ?
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:14 pm

my game on Google store built with Crosswalk 7
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... propaganda
here is the same game version built with crosswalk 10
http://egyptoon.net/propaganda_xwalk10.apk

please check both versions for performance
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:50 pm

Egyptoon wrote:@Sisyphus
Thanks for your reply
can you please tell me when the fix can be available ? any workaround for now to save my game on google play store and get rid of this alert ? any update coming soon ?

Relax, google will not remove your game right now, and i'm not sure that they got somekind of timer, i'm sure if they will want to remove it, they contact you with a last warning or something. There's no workaround or fix yet, and i don't know when this stuff will be fixed, or if it will be fixed at all.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:04 pm

I tested both versions and both runned very well in my smartphone.

Then, it is not a Crosswalk problem, maybe a possible incompatibility with your device.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:20 pm

EstudioCelula3 wrote:I tested both versions and both runned very well in my smartphone.

Then, it is not a Crosswalk problem, maybe a possible incompatibility with your device.

Crosswalk 10 poor performance issue is already confirmed by intel team, they are informed and already working for a fix, i attached a link to the intel's investigation thread above.
Glad to hear that you don't experience any performance problems with cw10, i don't experience them too, but in intel xdk thread there's almost 30 pages of posts of other people about how poorly cw10 performs. Even if it's a simple device incompatibility, it means that cw10 is incompatible with too many devices.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General