Graphic Driver Updater

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:38 pm

I wondered from where the graphic driver updater with C2 come from, I tried searching inside the proprities of the file, but.. Most of it is filled with "TODO: <file description>" and such, I think it is proper to C2 itself, but by seeing the "original file: GfxDriverUpdater.exe", I am not sure, also I did not find informations about it in the "About" of C2, maybe I was blind

Just asking since it could come in handy for helping people updating their graphic card driver if it can be used, but the thing is I do not know if it can be useful, nor if we could be authorized to use it at the end, since I do not know who got the rights on it.

@Ashley .
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 11:46 am

We developed it, and it's open source: https://github.com/AshleyScirra/Graphics-Driver-Updater

You can do what you like with it. However I was thinking about removing it from C2 - I don't think it correctly handles dual GPUs, which are common in laptops.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 1:00 pm

I see, thanks for the awnser
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General