graphics tutorial?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • I have many game ideas, i am also able to make prototypes of those ideas but my real weakness is that i can't draw graphics for those games and when I look at my sh*tty sprites it makes me demotivated to further develop the project.

Since everybody here looks expert in making sprites, could somebody point me to useful graphics tutorials from where you learnt??

Right now I use flash for graphics but I am considering switching over to something free and opensouce.

Any help??

• What kind of style were you going for? Cartoony or a more realistic look? I'm assuming your using vector art with flash. Also do you need help with the animation side of sprites or creating the art itself?

• I am trying to make pixel art with cartoony feel, and I need help in creating the artwork itself.

• Here is a link to 40 cartoon character illustration tutorials

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/16/40-cartoon-character-illustration-tutorials/

I would recommend doing a bunch of tutorials and finding some artist that you really like and try to replicate their style the best you can. As time goes by you'll get the feel of their style and be able to create similar.

And make sure you just spend some time each day drawing in a sketchbook or something and im sure before long youll be as good as you want to be.

• thanks for the help but the link you gave had the tutorials related to photoshop and illustrator, both of which i don't have but I am following some inkscape tutorials, hope i get better someday.

[quote:5v7dxp9z]And make sure you just spend some time each day drawing in a sketchbook or something and im sure before long youll be as good as you want to be.

I can draw some pretty average stuff in sketchbooks but i can't draw the same in my system since i don't have a tablet ( a reason why i want to make pixel art)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:35muam9w]

I can draw some pretty average stuff in sketchbooks but i can't draw the same in my system since i don't have a tablet ( a reason why i want to make pixel art)

Google Gimp,

Its freeware and surprisingly amazing!

Its very much like Photoshop and Is pretty useful,

If your using a Drawing Tablet,

I suggest ArtWeaver,

at least for concept art that is

• I don't have a drawing tablet but I use Gimp but for those who own a tablet is it good to make your own sprite sheets and your own character sprites?

Also does Gimp supports a tablet? or you cannot use a drawing tablet for Gimp?

• ooo! a flood of suggestions...

maybe i'll try GIMP later but i've started using paint.net and MS paint for pixel art and flash for vector art(inkscape runs very slow on my computer)

• Also does Gimp supports a tablet? or you cannot use a drawing tablet for Gimp?

Yeah Gimp supports tablets

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)