Grave Prosperity: Redux

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:32 pm

There have been a pretty good number of people wanting to play it on the keyboard (a surprising amount, really) so I am going to make a version that is keyboard only as well. When Part 1 comes out, there will be two different files to download. One will be the controller version, and the other will be keyboard. And there May be multiple language options to choose from too. I've had a few asking for that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:48 am

Just curious couldn't you just program it to respond to either keyboard or controller instead of having multiple downloads?? Just asking though.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:23 am

I'm sure there is a way. I'm not very good with Construct yet, so for now I'm just looking at the multiple downloads. If I figure it out then I'll program it in instead.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:43 am

Are you doing this project solo?? But it should be nothing more than setting or to it. So for example if you have script event
on ControllerButtonLeft down then

you can just change to something to

onContollerButtonLeft DOWN or onKeydown Left something along that lines so it just more of adding 'OR' to the current controllers to process key input.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:12 am

Yeah, I always work projects solo. That's also why they take forever to get done. Normally I would add an "or" to it and be done, but there are always more than just one condition in the events that have to run together. When I add an "or" or an "and" it applies it to the entire condition and messes everything up. Is there a way to just apply the "and/or" to a select portion of a condition instead of the whole thing?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:52 am

@PhoenixNightly: I would respond to your PM, but it looks like I don't have enough Reputation Points to make that happen. So here is that screenshot you asked for.

(Below) This is a door event as it is normally.
Example_1.png

(Below) This is the same event, but with the keyboard command added and the "or" function added.
Example_2.png

My only issue is that it makes an "or" block for everything in the conditions, not just between the controller command and the keyboard command. I know there must be a simple way around this, I just never learned how to do it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Ok what you can do to fix that is first check the controllers then check Amber Stats so something like this
Code: Select all
MAIN CONDITION
on GamePad button0
        or
Keypress A

//GAMEPAD BUTTON 0 AND KEYPRESS NESTED EVENT
                         AMBER OVERLAPPING EVENT
                         AMBER ARMED=0
                                                                                        //THEN DO THE OTHER STUFF

So check controllers once that is true check amber state then run the rest of the events.
Last edited by PhoenixNightly on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:49 pm

There are some other areas I see that can set you code easier for you to execute so that it will make developing you game easier on you. Like it seem that you code each door individually and what you can do to make it easier is have a door object with variables to hold the next area to jump her to and like the music to start. That is what I can see so far.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:59 pm

I think I might get what you're saying about the keyboard thing? You wouldn't have an image of something similar I could go off from, would you? It's easier for me if I can see it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:08 pm

Was already working on one. I am a visual person also. :) Manip your screenshot
So make the controller command then make a subevent that checks Amber.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests