Grave Prosperity: Redux

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Thanks I really do appreciate the support! I wish I could say it's a 3D game, but it's only 3D rendered. Maybe some day if the game gains enough popularity it could go true 3D, but that would require a team as I lack the skills to make that happen alone.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:54 am

@LDC Studio

I found this plugin in the forums, you might want to take a look at it!
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:45 pm

That's a very interesting looking Plugin. I would check it out if there were a trial version. I've had terrible luck with anything relating to 3D game design since I can remember, so I would hate to spend $15 on it and then not have any idea what I am doing. I'll keep it in mind though, just in case I'm ever feeling brave.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Message: LDC Studios can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@Nesteris Alrighty, I finally got a chance to check out your work. I would be sending this via PM, but I lack the Rep Points to do that. And I think posting this here is much more suitable anyway, that way anybody who comes across this page can see this as well (Because this deserves to be seen by all). Your work is absolutely amazing! A video in particular that definitely sold me is this one:
http://vimeo.com/lukaarambasic/exemption
Everything in this video, from your words to the visuals that accompany them is pure poetry and truth. That is nothing less than beauty in its most absolute form, and I have no problems with advertising this even on my own thread. Truly medicine for the soul, seeing a work made with such clear eyes. I would feel privileged and honored to work with an artist and poet such as yourself. Name your price!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:14 pm

@Nesteris thats fabulous and touching work.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:47 am

@LDC Studio
Wow thank you a lot! No-one has actually described that video so vividly or colourfully before, mostly it's "Great work, uber despressing" something. So thank you a lot for the highlight of my day :D

In case the description in the video didn't cover it, it took about 16 days to do, but I came back to it several months later and replaced a few photos with videos and other photos, which is why the one I have on my youtube is different from the vimeo one (vimeo has the newer/better one).

As for the price, it's negotiable depending on how much you can afford but the boiler plate price is 15€ per hour of work done and I write down what I do and how long I do it for (e.g. Research, recording, editing, export), I can also do some digital effects if it'll make the video better / you want them in the video but that's separately since digital effects is sort of a different ball game from editing (and takes 10x longer).

Also since it'll be game trailer I'll need a copy of the game to record footage to put in the trailer.

An important note to remember;
I can work on a deadline to save on your budget, but if you want the absolute top quality for a video it would be best to let the video take it's time getting made.
Also, I'll send you what music I used if there is any. I will try to use royalty free music / Public Domain if you want so there's no copyright hassle but if I do use a song that's copyrighted (like in my Exemption video) for a specific mood or effect I'll let you know and you can choose if you want to keep it or replace it with something you want.

As always, feel free to ask any questions, PM or public. I can provide my email or skype if needed.

@PhoenixNightly
Thank you! A lot of thought, heart and effort went into it. Especially getting the littlest things down so they don't bug viewers (although the narration can still get drowned by the background music from what I hear, use good headphones!)
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Here is an image of Amber in GP:Redux Part 3

@Nesteris Absolutely! We can figure something out after the game is finished and you've had a chance to check things out. I don't care anything about working on deadlines since I prefer quality above anything else. Now that the holiday is over I am picking back up on my work, as you can see above. If I can, I want to try to have Part 1 complete before the end of the year so I can move on to Part 2.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:48 pm

"@LDC Studios"
Is Part 1 the current game with Part 2 the sequel or is the entire game in chapters?

I've been making some pretty badass progress with my own game! I got a basic story figured out, which is pretty much all I need for a Metroidvania. Along with the start of the map and more of the HUD done. :D I just wish I had some artists, I'm ehh at pixel art.

As before, if you need me for anything I'm just a PM away, I usually check my scirra messages several times a day.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:25 pm

The whole game will be in chapters. The demo was for some of Part 1. Part 2 will pick up with Miki's portion of the story. Part 3 will return to Amber's story and then Part 4 will bring everything together and close volume 1.

I really enjoy pixel art games. I've been playing Symphony of The Night on the PS1 and I'm still way into the style. I haven't done any kind of pixel art work since high school, but I may still be able to make some decent stuff if you ever need anything done.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:24 am

This is a render of the nursery room puzzle for GP Redux
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests