Graveyard Goldmine | Devlog

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Hey guys,

I've been working on making my Underground Jam entry - Graveyard Goldmine https://www.scirra.com/arcade/underground-jam/graveyard-goldmine-2341 - into a full game.

This is my first actual game, I've made a lot of prototypes in construct until now, but never really finished anything.

So now I plan on going full speed ahead with this until i successfully get a functional demo going with most of the features i have planned working. So far I've started rebuilding the game from scratch, and I've redesigned the way the game functions so that there is a bit more of a feel of progression within it.

What I have so far:
    Main menu screen that is a in-game view of the enviroment with some zombies running about and parallax background. As well as improved resolution and visuals.

A progress screen where you are driving in the middle of nowhere and looking for possible missions

A intermediary cinematic screen
    The main game screen that is not functional at the moment & new zombies!!!

I plan on reworking most of the functionality from the gamejam entry into the main game, I've already changed up the resoultion and the map has a dynamic camera working. There will also be day/night modes and items :D

Thanks for reading! Oh and please post any feedback, I'd be glad to hear it! :)
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:28 pm

@Stefansava I haven't had a chance to try it out, but it looks great! I love the pixel animation you got there, keep it up!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pudgyplatypus

Learn to make a clicker game for cheap!
https://www.scirra.com/store/games-with ... e-game-666

Try out Pixel Golf on the Scirra Arcade!
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/sports-ga ... el-golf-67

Pudgy Platypus Games website!
www.pudgyplatypus.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:06 pm

@Djfuzion Thank you :) Will have more updates soon!
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Amazing game! You should do a tutorial on the digging mechanic. I think its the best I've seen so far from construct. Keep up the great work!
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Cool game from you, highscore for me :D :P
Brick by brick, stone by stone.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:51 pm

@Solomon - beating my highscore in 9 tries - wow, I think you can play it better than i can. Congrats!

@ryrydawg - Thank you, I'll consider that when I start rebuilding the core mechanics - I'm also going to try improving on the current one that I have.
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:10 pm

@StefanSava - thanks, but you better recheck the score dude! ;)
Brick by brick, stone by stone.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Quick update before I go out - a small screenshot of the lighting effect on night mode (with horrible compresion).

B
S

Post » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:00 am

Seems promising! I look forward to seeing this evolve ;)
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:37 am

Ok so I've been working on the main game screen.

I've added player animations, more environment details (like fog and falling debris from the sky) and graphics on the background elements. + Dynamic camera that adjusts based on mouse and player position (thanks to this thread: setting-camera-between-two-objects_t66724 ). So far I'm happy with the way it looks and I'll be moving on to creating the player attack animations & logic next.

A quick look at it.
B
S

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests