Graveyard Goldmine | Devlog

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:17 pm

New update, more spice on interaction between player and enemies - added flash to white on hit and minor knockback for each bullet. Also worked on making the camera more dynamic and intuitive. It has a bit more complex leading mechanic now, it dynamically adjusts where the end position of the camera should be based on the distance between the player and the character. The smaller the distance the closer to camera position will be to the mouse and the opposite when the distance is really big it moves more towards the player. Also got basic zooming done which makes it look a lot more cinematic I think. But these all seem to need more tunning - here's a preview.

B
S

Post » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Nice progress Stefan. Two weeks ago I installed a game on my phone which has the same pixelate graphics as yours, you should play it and maybe inspire from it, it has some cool blood and other effects. Good luck !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4kxGI9W3nE
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:36 pm

@anty21ro thanks for sharing - that's a very good suggestion and it seems like a awesome game.
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Everytime I look at this game I am mesmerized by the effect you obtained with the multiparallax + the dynamic camera combined together.
Long Live 2D !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:58 pm

StefanSava wrote:Also @kraed is gonna be working on music for the game! This is gona be fun :D

Hi, people! Thought on dropping by and show some progress.

GG is a fun project that is allowing me to use all sorts of creative ways to make music. Been interested in all sorts of sounds and strange instruments.

Without further ado, here's a WIP base for a chase theme.
Take a listen!

Stick around, more fun sounds coming soon! From Surf Rock to Fugue to jazz and even Polka!
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:33 am

Wow this is just so visually appealing. Im excited to watch this project unfold!
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Impressive! It's pure talent to make pixel art this good. Looking forward to it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:52 pm

@pabloukiyo / @trquangss thanks guys! This feedback feels very warm and fuzzy :)
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi StefanSava! I instantly loved Graveyard Goldmine on the Underground Jam! By far my favorite. :) I'm really curious to see what you will make of it now that you have some more ambitions . Don't lose what made it so good though : Dynamism, nervosity, and so much fun! :P

Good luck anyway! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:13 pm

@GaMan thanks for the wonderful feedback! I didn't know there were people who liked the game a lot, really :D I think I kinda needed to hear this piece of advice - remember the original feel I was going for and don't stray too far - I kinda lost track with all the new things I wanted to put into the game!

Thanks for writting, really appreciate it!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests