Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:29 pm

good work !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:28 pm

@Marius87 thanks dude!

So it's time to write up another entry! I've made a lot of improvements on the game over the last couple of days. I've added a lot of interaction tidbits for player friendliness and polished the weapons quite a bit. I've added outlines and custom sprites for the mouse based on weapon type, they also distort. I've done a lot of work on the camera system. Targeting zombies used to be really hard but now I got it all down. It can be fun and furious or you can slow it down while aiming. Aiming also stabilizes the camera and if you crouch while aiming the camera gets fixed to it's current position for the best zombie shooting experience ever. :D I'm very happy with the way it works so far - it feels really good to play it.

So I'm gona move on to melee attacks and zombie death animation (maybe even headshots and such) I also have to get the dig mechanic in- I've been putting it off for quite a while now.
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:31 pm

You're welcome! I'm also proud to say I hold the high-score on your game, actually. :P
StefanSava wrote:I think I kinda needed to hear this piece of advice - remember the original feel I was going for and don't stray too far - I kinda lost track with all the new things I wanted to put into the game!

Yeah, that was the feeling I had, actually. Even though I'm sure you'll come up with something at least as good as what you did during the Underground Jam. ;)

Keep up the good work!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:20 pm

nice project ;)
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:24 am

@gaelsev thanks!

OK so, quick update:

The past couple of days I've been working on melee attacks. I've been making and breaking all sorts of designs since I'm not entirely happy with what I have so far. I don't like the regular 'click to hit' something that's next to you. Especially because I have the mouse integrated into the game so I think the mouse should play a bigger part in the melee combat somehow. And because I'm not sure just how, yet. I've been trying out all sorts of stuff - the latest of which is > on click, dash to enemy if in dash range and hit him + knock him back. But it's not 100% functional just yet.

Here's some eyecandy while I finish this up:

B
S

Post » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:13 pm

So I've almost finished with the melee attacks, I mean I figured out how to make the mouse UI tidbits so that the way melee interaction works is a bit more intuitive. The interaction itself is a bit broken but I'll get around to fixing it once I finish with the array based inventory I'm trying to implement.

It's been giving me a headache - this is where i'm at right now

B
S

Post » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:05 pm

EYO

success! I got a array inventory working, I got the UI indicators working in a way i'm happy with (there are special indicators every time you can dash, or attack, and other indicators when you have ranged attacks, also a physics path prediction for throw-able items working). Melee attacks are not quite done yet, I do have teh dashes implemented, and whenever you hover the dash range indicator over a enemy it will be replaced by a target indicator meaning you can click to melee attack.

I'll be moving on to AI next and zombie logic! wooot

Also credits for the trajectory projection go to @R0J0hound over at this thread
parabola-tracjectory-tracing-with-physics-box2d_p640838?#p640838
Otherwise I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done it by myself.
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Quick update:

• tried making AI - research led me to this article about finite state machines - "seemes easy enough".
  • tried implementing - failed miserably
  • felt lost and hopeless for a couple of weeks
  • came across this article on project management and 'vertical slicing' which helped me get my **** back together
  • remade a small concrete list of features for a quick complete demo
  • I'm currently almost done with the core game loop, there is a global in-game time that corresponds to real world time (1hour in game is 1 minute real world) and complete day/night cycles.
  • Almost finalized all the main character mechanics

I'm ready to try making a very basic version of the AI now for test purposes - wish me luck! :D

B
S

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Hey. Check this out, maybe it will help you
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpjqxxuvcwkko ... .capx?dl=0
Good luck and don't give up !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:13 am

Wow this looks really cool... I love the look of the combat - this is gonna be fun :D

I especially love the way you've drawn the zombies, with their flailing noodle arms! Just looks so freakin' boss :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests