Gravity Flip Issue

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm not sure why this is happening so I'm hoping it's a small missed detail or something. When I move left and reverse gravity the object get's stuck to the floor. It doesn't do it every time but enough to where it could ruin the game play.

I was told using a rectangle would eliminate this issue and make it smoother because I plan to pin my character to it once I solved this problem.

I did try it with the character directly and it was doing it also so I tried it with the rectangle and got the same results so it must be me.

Here are the capx

Thank you in advance for your help.
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Not sticking.

try disabling all the mirrored/not mirrored and see if you still have the same problem.

August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:11 pm

@RamPackWobble - ok thanks, it does it for me almost every time... I will give that a try thank you.
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:17 pm

@RamPackWobble You're correct I can't make it do it that way but when I pin my player to it and hide the block how will I make look left when I go left?

Thanks

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Sorry I've never used the platform behavior - so this is all guesswork.

I guess that mirroring, flipping and making vectors negative then somewhere something is cancelling out the other ?

I will try to look and learn over the weekend - but I bet someone who uses platforms will be along with the answer before I can work it through.

Mind you platforms do look interesting ...and there is nothing on the TV...

(edit)

Just had another thought - add in your player and pin it to this positional block. Where you were mirroring the block, mirror the player instead ? RamPackWobble2014-01-10 21:22:00
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:00 pm

@RamPackWobble - Hmmmm, Ok, I'll give that a try. Thank you.

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:07 pm

got it fixed thanks...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?