Grayscale Fighter [quickie :p] [One Layout Game]

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 11:49 am

Hey guys,

Just published a new game Grayscale Fighter. Tried to make it real quick, it has 5 levels.

Grayscale Fighter

On top of this one probably I'll build more [quickie] games. Will polish each game more and more, but wanted to get this one out asap first.

Have fun!Geo2012-05-04 11:50:04
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 11:59 am

Do you have to become a member of Kongregate to play? Because the game didn't come up in IE9 or Chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 pm

@rfisher You don't have to be a member to play. I just checked, IE9 on Win 7 loads fine for me without being logged in to Kongregate.

Please try again, I just uploaded a new version right after the original post because I found a bug so I did a quick fix, maybe dropbox was in the middle of syncing up when you loaded it. Let me know if it still won't work for you.

Thanks for trying (to try ) it out and for the report!
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Grayscale Fighter II is out.

Basically polished the first one some more, added a few more enemies to make it a bit tougher.

Play it
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 06, 2012 3:27 am

Hey Geo, Its not too bad.

Honestly though I cant help but feel that you are hurting yourself by releasing these games so quickly. With the way that kongregate works ( the first few votes determining whether its pushed towards the top or bottom).

I think you could make a much stronger impact if you took advantage of feedback and polished your game before sticking it on the shelf. I hope this doesnt get you down - but one game you make that gets played a lot is better than 20 that dont.GenkiGenga2012-05-06 03:28:17
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Hey @GenkiGenga thanks for your concern but don't worry about it, honestly. I am ONLY interested in the first few votes, and I'd rather have them push down a game I worked on for a few hours, than for a few weeks. What I want is EARLY feedback, as early as possible, even before starting to work on the game if I could get it, I would (I'm sure it's possible, but I'm not there yet). I don't care about negative comments (well I do but not the "hurt" way) or the bad votes. The game only gets what it deserves

I get the feeling that there's more to it. Very few games (if any) are really successful without being promoted somehow. I need a change in strategy.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 10, 2012 6:58 am

Fair enough Geo.

I was beginning to think that I had upset you with my comment, which definately wasnt my intention. I hoped you'd see it as constructive criticism. I guess it all depends on what you consider as 'successful'.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations