Greed - a proc gen dungeon crawler sort of thing

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat May 17, 2014 11:05 am

Another tweak to this. The little guy now auto-mines when you push up against a wall (no need to use arrows and WASD), and he shuffles into position so he doesn't get caught on walls when he does so. Only a little change, but mining & exploring feels a lot smoother now :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 ... index.html
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 18, 2014 1:52 pm

B
S
G

Post » Sun May 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Very nice work, can't wait to see the completed project! :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 18, 2014 6:52 pm

This is looks really promising!
B
S

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 10:02 am

Looking very cool, the graphics and sounds are superb. And it's even more fun now you can collect the gold too!

Keep up the great work, I'm really looking forward to playing the finished game. :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 10:57 am

Cheers guys :) Got a week off work coming up, so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this and moving it along into something approaching a finished level. I have many ideas... :twisted:
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 26, 2014 2:23 am

Quite a big update, this! First of all, I've got rid of the melee attack completely, so now you just mine by pushing up against the walls, and instead of swinging your pickaxe you have a ranged attack. I've also switched the controls so WASD is now move, arrow keys shoot - I've gone back to playing The Binding of Isaac lately which was a big inspiration for this game, and I noticed that's how it's laid out in that and it does feel more natural.

So now you can throw rocks about the place - you won't be doing that forever though as it's just your default attack. As you can tell from the new UI icons, you'll soon be able to equip a variety of magic rings to shoot spells, buff you up and other things. Loot's the next big thing on the agenda for me, and I'm possibly going to tackle the inventory system after that :?

Anyhoo, I'm pretty happy with how it's all going at the moment! This update's definitely taken it a big step closer to feeling like the game I want to make.

Did I mention the floating skulls of doom? :twisted:

B
S
G

Post » Mon May 26, 2014 9:41 am

Wow! This has changed so much from the time I played it first! New enemies, new sounds, new animations! Everything works in harmony to create a really nice atmosphere. Love it! It smells of hexen merged with binding of isaac and some dnd dwarf greed thrown in. The possibilities are exciting! Will be folowing this. And you definately need a devblog. Where we can follow your progression easily.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 26, 2014 6:29 pm

@Windwalker Thanks! That means a lot, big fan of the atmosphere of Heretic and Hexen (especially that music :D). I've already set up a tumblr for the devblog, I'm thinking of starting it once I've got the nuts and bolts sorted and I can really start getting down to the meaty meaty game bits.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 28, 2014 12:30 am

And here we are with the loot! Barrels and crates are finally smashable, releasing sweet goodies, and more importantly the first spell has made it into this update too. Seek and ye shall find a magic ring of fire somewhere on this level, and then go smash some face with it.

It's been a really productive few days, and I'm really pleased with how the game's coming together - I basically started this project to see whether I could make a roguelike dungeon generator in Construct, and that's since somehow grown into all of this. Devblog coming soon! :D

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests