Grey Screen at Arcade Problem ??

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Grey Cyborgs character spritesheet for side scrolling action adventure hack and slash 2D mobile game.
  • Howdy-- anybody know why i get nothing but a grey screen on this demo game i posted to the Arcade and/or what i should do to try to fix it ??

"http://www.scirra.com/arcade/example/1956/amazinglottoswami"

-- Here it is identical, working-- on my server:

"http://mpdemos-1.scienceontheweb.net/"

kind regards, mark-p.

• It's working for me in firefox 16.

You should try to check for errors in your browser and precise which you're using (firefox, chrome, etc...)

• Hey-- thanks && will do. < am doing now. >

UPDATE-- i have this in the code:

"Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL facebook.com/plugins/like.php -- and i don't THINK i have a facebook object in the game-- will make sure enough positive though.

Also, have this:

"Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton

And this:

"Domains, protocols and ports must match."

-- am looking into this, but thanks for your help buddy &&

kind regards, mark-p.

P.S.-- again, as you can see, plays perfect on my server provided link-- grey screen problem is just Arcade.

Or, rather-- it was. Am getting this now:

"Oops! This page appears broken. DNS Error - Server cannot be found."-- am looking into it && thanks.

-- Nahhhh... now its working perfect again in Chrome and Firefox. Bothersome. Will check to see if that Facebook object is still in the demo somewhere first && move on from there-- thanks.

-- I just ran the Arcade Demo in Firefox && got this pop-up warning:

"Script: static1.scirra.net/arcade/games/1956/c2runtime.js:29%22

Also-- "This website (static1.scirra.net) is asking to store data on your computer for offline use. >> Allow/Deny ??"

-- is that me on my end do you think ?? < sorry-- i'm a total n00b to C-2 && just getting my feet wet with it >.

• Your example works fine here as well, in Chrome 22. None of the console messages you posted are anything to worry about (they are just the social buttons). Perhaps it's a problem your end? Have you tried any different browsers?

• Hey-- thanks to both of you guys-- i have seen where both of ya'll have helped massive amounts of folks on the forums and i thank you as well.

-- As of this instant, i dunnoe. I am going to go back through the demo CAPX and make sure i didn't leave a facebook object in there by accident when i first put the thing together. Then, i will move forwards. Ultimately, i want to do all of mine as facebook games, but want to get everything to run right for me first-- am still a n00b C-2.

kind regards, mark-p.

-- Hey, i'll be danged if it ain't working perfect for me in Internet Explorer.

-- As of now, i suspect i have some kind of pop-up blocker set-up in Firefox and Chrome on my machine that keeps the game layer from displaying for me-- but not on IE. Thanks to you guys for your replies.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey-- i have had a little time to look at the source code, have 3 javascript errors:

1. "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'Vh' of null "

2. "Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL-- Domains, protocols and ports must match. "

3. "Domains, protocols and ports must match.

chrome-

(anonymous function)" && am wondering if this is an issue with me on my browsers ?? < Chrome && Firefox-- again, it IS playing for me in Internet Explorer. >

Also-- i did find some of the games in the "Puzzle" section that DO load and play on this Chrome browser as-is. Not all, but some.

-- Grateful for any help or reply at all-- this type of thing is really kind of beyond me &&

kind regards, mark-p.

UPDATE: Hey, i gave it a try again just now && it is freezing up the browser window and then crashing the Google Chrome browser after it thinks about it for a while. I have posted in some Google Groups looking for help && hope that anyone who has experience with this same issue && has figured out what to do about it will share some info here.

< i will share a solution if / when i work it out as well. >

I have some other projects i want to post, but figure i had better work this out first &&

kind regards, mark-p.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)