Grid Defense

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Okay, I think I have squashed the bug... hopefully. I think it was an error with typecasting, though I am not sure.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:56 pm

[quote="Drasa":2hnmovg3]Wave 19 is the highest where I've got (with the new version). Post your scores >:D![/quote:2hnmovg3]

On that version I got to wave 135 or 140 before shutting it off. Not one enemy got through the whole game :P. I just let it run. I did some laundry, walked the dog...

By the time I got to level 30 or so nothing could get through my super-duper souped up cannon. By level 60 I had about five or six guns that were so powerful most enemies didn't even appear on-screen. Haven't tried the new version yet though...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:22 pm

I guess I'm doing something wrong then... I am always doing pretty well, but then the blue little devils come and just run through. None of my weapons are fast enough to even hit them. Well, machineguns might be, but they are so powerless and level up so slowly that they aren't enough to stop the blue bugs :<
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Try pairing the towers with a laser tower. It damages all enemies that the beam pierces and kills can be shared. Due to high rate of fire, machineguns get to share often. Lasers and machineguns are notorious for leveling through assists alone.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Ah, I got it, the machineguns are the key to the infinite powers after all. I paired two of them, and almost nothing else, and they levelled up in a flash. They seem a little unbalanced now...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:05 pm

And they are the cheapest as well... Yeah, I should tone them down a bit.

Edit: Also, new version is up!
- more balancing (machineguns have a shorter range that just about covers the next section, they'll have better range with experience)
- limited the power potential (fire rate, range), but damage can rise indefinitely.
- can now sell turrets for the value that rises with their experience (to sell an experienced tower and build two or more inexperienced towers?)
- should be more challenging now.

Laser turret cost rises very sharply - for a reason. In tandem with other turrets, it enables rapid leveling, which is often key to survival! When it is used right, that is.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Cool! It seems balanced! The game pace is too slow in my opinion, but I'm sure you'll nail that.

Taking a quick look on the .cap already explained lots of doubts I had on Construct! Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Wow that's awesome, i got to wave 39 on third try, I don't think i'll go beyond that easily, it depends a bit of the lucky too, when lots of blues comes it's very hard, the minus blues, the better.
Keep up the good work, i'm new here just checking the power of the engine and i'm liking that :mrgreen:
B
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations