Grid Pathfinding

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:01 pm

yea basic obstacles for say an npc to find their way around, unless this is already implemented
B
G

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:18 pm

[quote="realeyes2":kv70xxec]I'd be very interested in multi pathfinding, but what you have their seems quite good already, what I'm interested in is this:

I'm working on a kind of turn based story based game (with retro graphics, dos like) but I would like to have npcs move around as I like according to the events of the story, moving around obstacles ether by me directly creating the path or with a simple pathfinding gist so the npc finds its own way once through obstacles, multi pathfinding would not be essential for this example I'd assume?

ideas I would like to try at a later date:

- turnbased trading and/or sim game
- strategy game like master of orion, yes that sounds scary, just throwing it out
- the story thing above would probibly just be story, no puzzles and what not

I'm slightly new to constuct but have been learning/dabbling/experimenting for a couple months now, haven't hit the forums as of yet, till now : )[/quote:kv70xxec]

I am making a TBS game and for events the grid movement behavior alone is better for that.
I say this because in story events you don't want the NPCs in the scene to move in a zigzag type of movement. It is more appealing to have the NPCs move in strait lines.
That way Game makers don't use pathfinding in their games events.
here is a Video game to show that I am talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieuy5z2r43E

The pathfinder can move around obstacles at the moment, even though there are some technical problems I am trying to work out.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:08 pm

well I'd be happy to fiddle with your .cap file once you've gotten it done or have gotten tired of it, what I kind of meant about story events is ones that are in some form dynamic, so they never happen in an exact place but rather more fluid like interactive fiction/narrative , according to semi simulation based things that happen within the game,

you seem a bit hesitant about your work, maybe its just me though, or I just don't understand, one of those

anyhow, I am really interested
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi, could you post .cap please :).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:08 pm

[quote="toralord":zqt2wtgm]I notice that the .exe I posted the pathfinding was a little off.
I fix it and added a NPC sprite that is using the grid movement behavior to move along the path.
The controls are the same.

So here it is.

http://download938.mediafire.com/fygmnl ... vement.exe

and a pic.

And if any one is interested in knowing how it works.
I will post cap.
So leave a comment and let me know what you guys think of it.[/quote:zqt2wtgm]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:09 pm

[quote="toralord":1np2jmvg]I notice that the .exe I posted the pathfinding was a little off.
I fix it and added a NPC sprite that is using the grid movement behavior to move along the path.
The controls are the same.

So here it is.

http://download938.mediafire.com/fygmnl ... vement.exe

and a pic.

And if any one is interested in knowing how it works.
I will post cap.
So leave a comment and let me know what you guys think of it.[/quote:1np2jmvg]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:30 pm

I would be interested in seeing how your turn based system works
B
G

Post » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:05 pm

[quote="realeyes2":1wam8fmg]I would be interested in seeing how your turn based system works[/quote:1wam8fmg]
I posted a cap here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6754
the coding is more simple and advance then the ones I have here.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations