"grid-style" 2D RPG

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 7:43 pm

I am working on a 2D-RPG where you choose a class in the beginning and try to get as far as possible. Each level is based on a 15x15 - 20x12 grid with different enemies and surprises. You have exactly 15 (may change later) moves left to pass a level or you have to restart. 1 Move = Attack, Walk, Check. I didn't put too much thought into gameplay yet, so that's it.

Class Ideas:
Archer
Special: Range = 2

Assassin
Special: Doesn't take damage while passing an enemy

Scout
Special: Walking-Range: 5

If you have any gameplay-ideas, let me know. I will update this thread regularly.
B
S

Post » Fri May 22, 2015 9:33 am

Looks interesting. I was thinking each level could have several win conditions or "missions/quests" so to speak? That would give some variety. Ideas for different mission types could be.

*kill all enemies.
*protect resource - enemies will keep moving towards one point that you have to protect.
*delivery - bring something from point A to B
*sneaky - go from point A to B undetected.
*find something. Scout the map. Hidden item is not revealed until you are 2 tiles away.

Maybe something like that would be fun gameplay?
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 22, 2015 11:05 am

@tunepunk
I had something like missions/quests in mind but I also want the player to pass a level without accomplishing a mission so it's up to him if he wants to so it or not. The only levels which wont be skipabale are boss-stages. Missions make the player stronger so if you end up skipping levels then u wont pass any boss level.
I want it to be a strategic RPG where u have to plan ever move you do.
Your ideas sound good but I wouldnt implement them as requirments to pass the level but rather to get an optional item.

Does this gameplay idea sound interesting?
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:04 pm

@Fireche These types of games are always fun to play for me as long as you can get the action / fighting system done right i think people would play
B
S

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests