Grind Quest(RTS, RPG)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:11 pm

The Game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/267089024/World%20of%20Tylia/index.html

I started this small project as a test to see how does the pathfinding behaviour work, since I usually build platformer styled games. Soon I added a main menu(it had a nice tunnel effect, but I removed it because it made all of the sprites to render incorrectly*), next I added a functional character creation system.

The most interesting thing(atleast, to me) is the interaction system with the NPC's. Over the past few months there's been a lot to do for school, so I used Construct 2 mainly to test animations of random sprites I find on the internet and such. So, it's been a long time since I created anything that is even remotely complicated. It's very easily extendable. Basicaly, you add an event sheet for an NPC and then the only thing you need to do is:

Code: Select all
<NPC_name> is interacting <do_this>
<else> <do_that>

You can add all the other stuff in the NPC's event sheet, like random movement or approach the player.

There is also a day and night system. Everything is tinted with black from 18:00 to 06:00. It also gradually increases the opacity to make a nice transition effect.

Some screenshots:

After clicking on an NPC we first move to it's location.

On arriving we start interacting. The signpost's code tells it to show it's info above itself, but we could've made it explode or anything else.

We march bravely to the next signpost.

The signpost tells the player how to pan the camera.

I'm also posting the .capx file. If I update the game with anything major, I'll post it here, and you are free to do whatever you want with it. As I mentioned before I'm still in school and I create games purely for my own enjoyment and, regardless of that, I have a lot of essays and tests to do in the coming weeks so I doubt I'll do much with it. It's better if I post it here, so someone can find some use in it then keeping it on my hardrive... alone... forgotten... :!: :?:

Here's the .capx:
RTS-Game.capx
(Please note that I'm using Lofi's sprites and they aren't royalty free)

*The 3D Tunnel Effect: http://gameswarp.com/studio/category/shader-effects/page/2/ (There are many other neat effects here too)

I'll be glad to hear what you guys think.

P.S: I forgot to mention that the options menu is disfunctional. Sorry. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Banned User
B
S

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests