Grouping Sprites Movement

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 am

First time using Construct and I am trying to do something very simple. I have been at this for a while now. I want to have multiple sprites to make up one instance which is controlled by he user. When something collides into one of the sprites, it will be destroyed/hidden. I am trying to have it so that when you press the up key or down key the group would move as a single unit. I have tried pinning all the sprite to the first sprite:
Sprite B pin to Sprite A
Sprite C pin to Sprite A
Sprite D pin to Sprite A

This didn't work, just caused them all to stick together. Then I tried to create a container and then control the containers movement. That didn't work either. Does anyone have any other suggestions or working examples on how to get the sprites to move together?

Edit: I had to make the sprites a Solid so that the other (colliding) objects can bounce off the group of sprites. I think this is where I may messing myself up.Blackbad882013-10-16 05:00:38
B

Post » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:51 am

could you explain why pinning isn't giving the result you want?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:35 pm

I figured it out with this post:
scirra.com/forum/r95r101onlanded-not-working-when-solid-stacked_topic56369.html

I had a bunch of SOLID sprites that were pinned to each other, I had to give them physic behavior instead and it works now.
B

Return to How do I....?