Guess how many votes I was Greenlit with

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:04 pm

that its easy to understand, valve needs more games = more funds for their own projects.

now you might not have a lot of people to sell to as a project since ur a smaller one, but from their perspective, if they have 100k developers like u , with 2 3 projects, and they all sell 30-50 products trough steam, imagine their cuts as they get a % of each sale. so its in valves interest to get u approved even if ur 5% under the greenlit stage... but this is only what i see and it shouldnt be so surprising ... but maybe im wrong and might be their system got faulty

however this is looked at, one thing is for sure... community campaigns to get greenlit is irrelevant from this problems perspective.

i hope you guys are doing well on sales :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:05 pm

I agree that just the Greenlight campaign cannot say how well your game will do. Also the fact that Steam wants more developers to fuel its own projects can be true. They did promise a better sorting though, so hopefully that will help us in turn.
Black Bobby The Hole Greenlit with 303 votes.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Same thing. My game was halfway to top 100, and then it got Greenlit out of the blue. Well, not really - I have added my game to a bundle a few days before that, and published a demo version. So I think Valve looks at the game's activity and how much the developers actually care. Plus, they might have liked the game generally.

The problem I see is too many games getting into Steam nowadays so it's becoming more like Kongregate - people don't have any guarantee their games will do well or even be noticed. I guess that Greenlight was once proof of a game's good quality, but now devs have to assure their games are good. :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:16 am

Message: FlagmanJeremy can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
I don't mean to bring up an old thread, but I have a few questions. I have a game currently going through the Greenlight process, fairly early on into everything I must say. It's only been on Greenlight for four days and has reached similar numbers. Is there anything I should be doing to try and help my odds? Or did these games with these stats just happen to get greenlit at these numbers.

Here are my current stats (Day 4):

And here's the greenlight page: https://goo.gl/km7oqD

Should I be doing anything different? I was quite intrigued when I saw some games get greenlit with similar stats.

Thanks!
B

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:44 am

@FlagmanJeremy your game has as much in common with C2 as my tree with politics.
Black Bobby The Hole Greenlit with 303 votes.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Distribution and Publishing